About the Organisation
Every day, Life Without Barriers provides support and care to children and young people, as we work collaboratively with families, carers, and communities, to ensure they have the environment they deserve to grow. With a focus on ensuring safety and respect, this is an opportunity to make a positive and meaningful difference in these young lives and help pave a brighter future.
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose organisation of 8,000 employees working in more than 500 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless and refugees and asylum seekers. Join a community of people dedicated to breaking down barriers.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.
About the role
As a Home Manager for our Intensive Therapeutic Care – Significant Disability (ITC SD) team in Grafton, you will be responsible for leading, motivating and mentoring a team of therapeutic care workers in providing trauma informed care and support to children.
This service location will be home for up to 3 children and young people, aged between 12-18 years who have medically complex needs and backgrounds of trauma requiring 24/7 care. You will play a key role in supporting the Young People in our care to develop independent living skills, engagement in education and remain positively connected to their team of Care Workers, Families, and broader community connections.
- Be actively present in the home environment, providing role modelling to staff
- Oversee and participate in the planning and implementation of therapeutic care plans
- Manage, support and provide reflective supervision to your team
- Model and support staff in applying the Therapeutic Crisis Intervention (TCI) system
- Manage home in accordance with the CARE model, legislation, relevant standards, LWB policies and procedures and funding body requirements
- Provide an environment free of abuse, harm and exploitation for the Children & Young people we support
Skills, Experience & Requirements
- A relevant bachelor’s degree (or relevant diploma currently working towards a bachelor)
- Previous Leadership experience in services that support Children & Young people, such as OOHC and ITC settings
- Experience supporting people with disabilities, complex health needs and those whom exhibit pain based behaviours of concern
- Ability to provide supervision and support to a team of Therapeutic Care Workers, to embed the delivery of therapeutic models of support to Children & Young People.
- Current First Aid Certificate
- An unrestricted Australian Drivers Licence
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check and Working with Children Check.
To be considered for and appointed to a position at Life Without Barriers, you must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or hold a valid medical exemption certificate. You will be required to provide evidence of your vaccination status during the recruitment process.
- Opportunity to develop your career with a leading social purpose organisation
- Up to $15,900 of your annual salary tax free through salary packaging benefits
- Access to discounts and benefits at selected retail outlets such as department stores, attractions, travel, cinemas, restaurants and MORE
How to Apply
Include your resume and covering letter in one document, click ‘Apply’ and follow the prompts. For any enquiries including persons with disability that require adjustments, contact Kristy Crowe at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are dedicated to playing our part to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and bring continuity of care and support to our clients. With this in mind, if you are successful, we will discuss with you an alternative to a face to face interview.
Applications close at midnight on Sunday 10rd July 2022
Life Without Barriers supports the Royal Commission into violence, abuse, neglect and exploitation of people with disability. We believe people with disability need to be heard and for these experiences to influence how support services like ours are delivered. View our statement here (https://bit.ly/2GzZGWA)