Practice Assurance Advisor. Permanent Full Time. Location Flexible NT
Job no: 499924
Employment type: Full Time
Location: Darwin, Alice Springs & Central Australia, Katherine & Northern Australia
Categories: Disability, Mental Health, Practice & Quality
About the Organisation
Empowering people with disability to live life the way they choose is at the heart of how Life Without Barriers has operated for over 25 years. This is an exciting opportunity to join our team and continue this mission. Support people with disability to have the choice, control, and independence to live their best lives. If you’re passionate about inclusivity, respect, and making a meaningful difference, this is the career move for you.
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose organisation of 8,000 employees working in more than 500 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless and refugees and asylum seekers. Join a community of people dedicated to breaking down barriers.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.
About the role
Reporting to the Practice Assurance Business Partner the Practice Assurance Advisor role is part of a National Practice Assurance Team responsible for supporting the Disability and Mental Health teams to deliver great services in our communities. The position works collaboratively with Client Services and other business areas to implement a consistent, effective, and efficient approach to safeguarding, quality management and other practice assurance initiatives across the Northern Territory.
This is a permanent full-time role, location flexible anywhere in the Northern Territory, working from home can be discussed as part of the recruitment process. This role will require travel to assist with internal and external audits across the Northern Territory.
- Build and maintain positive and professional working relationships with corporate business areas, Client Services and other key stakeholders and partners
- Prepare advice and provide direct and indirect support and tools to implement legislation, standards, contracts, policy and procedure requirements and safeguarding practices.
- Contribute to a culture of continuous improvement through listening, learning, innovation and responding to stakeholder needs
- Undertake internal audits, root cause analysis and continuous improvement processes.
- Actively identify systemic issues, share best practice and improvements.
- Assist in the development of policies, procedures, practice improvements and tools
- Provide direct and indirect support and advice on practice approaches to integrate safeguarding and risk management into core business activity
- Coordinate and undertake internal audits in accordance with the Internal Audit Program
- Contribute to the process for renewing/gaining accreditation/licensing
- Facilitate reflective practice processes with Client Services staff
- Maintain a current knowledge of changes to legislation, practice standards and customer requirements
- Keep abreast of best practice and emerging trends and interpretations of legislative/regulatory requirements that may impact LWB’s business and quality assurance strategies
Skills & Experience
- Relevant tertiary qualifications or other relevant experience/qualifications
- Experience in the Disability or Community Services Sector – proficient knowledge and understanding of behaviour support and restrictive practices
- Understanding of the regulatory and compliance frameworks and standards that are relevant to the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS)
- Experience providing best practice quality assurance, against established standards
- Experience in auditing and accreditation processes
- Experience implementing a Quality Management System
- Experience developing policies, procedures, and other process documents, including experience in producing high quality work with an attention to detail
- Experience working collaboratively and developing rapport with operational areas, working across an organisation to assist in the implementation of organisational change
- Demonstrated ability to function effectively as part of a multi-disciplinary team under significant pressure and meeting hard deadlines
- Effective time management and organisational skills, well-developed analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience in managing content and supporting staff in the use of Microsoft SharePoint
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office – Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check and Working with Children Check (where relevant to the role).
- Opportunity to work for one of Australia's largest social purpose organisations
- Excellent tax benefits & monthly rostered days off
- Work with skilled professionals to enhance the lives of the people we support
How to Apply
Include your resume and covering letter in one document, click ‘Apply’ and follow the prompts. For any enquiries including persons with disability that require adjustments, contact email@example.com.
Applications close at midnight on Sunday 14th August 2022.
To be considered for and appointed to a position at Life Without Barriers, you must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or hold a valid medical exemption certificate. You will be required to provide evidence of your vaccination status during the recruitment process.
We are dedicated to playing our part to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and bring continuity of care and support to our clients. With this in mind, if you are successful, we will discuss with you an alternative to a face to face interview.
Life Without Barriers supports the Royal Commission into violence, abuse, neglect and exploitation of people with disability. We believe people with disability need to be heard and for these experiences to influence how support services like ours are delivered. View our statement here (https://bit.ly/2GzZGWA)
Advertised: AUS Central Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Central Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend