Disability Support Worker. Casual - Esperance
Job no: 499883
Employment type: Casual
Location: Kalgoorlie, Goldfields & Esperance
About the Organisation
Empowering people with disability to live life the way they choose is at the heart of how Life Without Barriers has operated for over 25 years. This is an exciting opportunity to join our team and continue this mission. Support people with disability to have the choice, control and independence to live their best life. If you’re passionate about inclusivity, respect, and making a meaningful difference, this is could be a career move for you.
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose, not for profit organisation of 8,000 employees working in more than 500 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless and refugees and asylum seekers.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.
About the role
This is a challenging but rewarding opportunity for you to make a positive change in the lives of people with a disability living in your community.
As a Disability Support Worker, you will play an important role in supporting and empowering people with disabilities to live in and access the community independently and to achieve their individual goals. Working in a team, you will facilitate the delivery of quality services and achieve positive outcomes with service users in a positive and proactive environment. You will be actively supporting their individual needs and creating a safe environment. You will be able to follow policy and procedure and have good communication and admin skills to report effectively as required.
We have a variety of day shifts available.
- Support in day to day living including: personal care, cooking, housekeeping, hygiene, shopping/appointments etc.
- Utilise positive behaviour strategies
- Community access & transport
- Following person-centred plans
- Documenting & progress note keeping
Skills & Experience
- Certificate III in Disability, Community Services or similar (not essential)
- Experience supporting adults and children with disabilities
- Positively engage, interact and work with people who have complex needs including a psycho-social disability and autism.
- Computer literacy and administration skills
- Current driver’s license
- Current Provide First Aid certificate (or willing to obtain)
- Ability to maintain clients’ privacy and confidentiality
- Willing to travel to support clients
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check and Working with Children Check.
To be considered for and appointed to a position at Life Without Barriers, you must be vaccinated against COVID-19 or hold a valid medical exemption certificate. You will be required to provide evidence of your vaccination status during the recruitment process.
- Opportunity to work for one of Australia’s largest social purpose organisations
- Career Development
- Salary Sacrifice Tax Benefits
How to Apply
Include your resume and covering letter addressing the selection criteria in one document, click ‘Apply’ and follow the prompts. For any enquiries including persons with disability that require adjustments, contact email@example.com
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend