About the Organisation
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose, not for profit organisation of 8,000 employees working in more than 500 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless and refugees and asylum seekers.
Empowering people with disability to live life the way they choose is at the heart of how Life Without Barriers has operated for over 25 years. This is an exciting opportunity to join our team and continue this mission. Support people with disability to have the choice, control, and independence to live their best life. If you’re passionate about inclusivity, respect, and making a meaningful difference, this is the career move for you.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.
About the role
Working in a Supported Independent Living setting in Albury, you will support our clients in their homes with various activities including daily living, community participation, personal care, domestic duties and taking them to appointments as required. Our programs require you to support clients high care needs to live as independently as possible. These shifts are across a 24/7 rotating roster Monday - Sunday, and you will be required to work active nights, sleepovers and weekends.
Working in our Lifestyle program, you will assist clients Monday - Friday between the hours of 6am- 8pm. You may be required to support clients one-on-one in their homes and take them out into the community.
We currently have permanent part time opportunities available with up to 30 hours per fortnight, and casual opportunities.
- Follow person-centered support plans and behaviour support plans respectfully
- Participate in community activities and encourage clients to perform daily living tasks
- Track and document an individual’s progress through thorough record-keeping
- Build and maintain positive relationships with our clients and their families
Skills & Experience
- An unrestricted driver’s licence
- Commitment to a 24/7 roster, including active night shifts & weekends
- Current First Aid Certificate, NDIS Screening Check and WWC
- Sound computer, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to adhere to client support plans and complete documentation
- Join an organisation that champions diversity, inclusivity and equality
- An hourly rate from $29.12 + super for permanent part time, and $36.40 + super for casual
- On-going training opportunities in a supportive and collaborative team environment
Successful candidates will be required to clear all state-based probity checks; including but not limited to a National Criminal History Record Check and NDIS Worker Screening Check.
To be considered for and appointed to a position at Life Without Barriers, you must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or hold a valid medical exemption certificate. You will be required to provide evidence of your vaccination status during the recruitment process.
How to Apply
Include your resume and covering letter in one document, click ‘Apply’ and follow the prompts. For any enquiries including persons with disability that require adjustments, contact Emma Kennedy at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are dedicated to playing our part to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and bring continuity of care and support to our clients. With this in mind, if you are successful, we will discuss with you an alternative to a face to face interview.
Applications close at midnight on Sunday June 5th 2022
Life Without Barriers supports the Royal Commission into violence, abuse, neglect, and exploitation of people with disability. We believe people with disability need to be heard and for these experiences to influence how support services like ours are delivered. View our statement here (https://bit.ly/2GzZGWA)