Roster Officer. 12 Month Maximum Term Contract - QLD (Work from home)
Job no: 499757
Employment type: Full Time
Location: Brisbane, Mackay & Coalfields, Rockhampton & Capricorn Coast
Categories: Aged Care
About the Organisation
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose, not for profit organisation of 8,000 employees working in more than 500 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless and refugees and asylum seekers.
Make a real difference in the lives of vulnerable Australians with this unique opportunity to provide both corporate expertise and community support. With a focus on people, not profit, Life Without Barriers’ corporate services team partners with our direct support staff, clients, and their families to ensure we continue our mission to change lives for the better. If a truly inclusive, collaborative, and fast-paced work environment sounds like your next career move, this is an opening not to be missed.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.
About the Role
As a Roster officer, you will coordinate and optimise the available workforce across our Aged Care Programs, by utilising rostering and scheduling systems to best meet customer requirements and promote a sustainable workforce. You will be working from home on a rotating roster between the hours of 6am to 5.30pm, Monday to Friday.
- Work with stakeholders to understand Service Agreements and customer needs
- Respond to ad hoc changes required by customers and workers by adjusting schedules and systems and communicating with stakeholders daily
- Develop ‘best fit’ schedules for customers and optimise rosters for workers and the program
- Monitor rosters and schedules to ensure that support is delivered to customers that reflects the customer’s current service agreement
- As required, provide reports to the manager or their delegate
- Routinely utilise the established mechanisms, including client scheduling system, technical solutions and documentation systems to ensure that rosters are planned and distributed in advance
- Comply with all Life Without Barriers policy, code of conduct, procedures and practices, external funding body requirements and legislation.
Skills & Experience
- Certificate II in administration or business studies or equivalent experience
- Current driver’s license
- Demonstrated experience in a similar role with rostering experience in the community services sector
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to work collaboratively and in partnership with a range of stakeholders to optimise a best fit workforce for customers
- Opportunity to work for one of Australia's largest social purpose organisations
- Attractive Remuneration Package with up to $15,900 tax free per year
- Work from home position
To be considered for and appointed to a position at Life Without Barriers, you must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or hold a valid medical exemption certificate. You will be required to provide evidence of your vaccination status during the recruitment process.
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check and Working with Children Check (where relevant to the role).
Include your resume and covering letter in one document, click ‘Apply’ and follow the prompts. For any enquiries including persons with disability that require adjustments, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close midnight on Sunday 22nd May 2022
We are dedicated to playing our part to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and bring continuity of care and support to our clients. With this in mind, if you are successful, we will discuss with you an alternative to a face to face interview.
Life Without Barriers supports the Royal Commission into violence, abuse, neglect and exploitation of people with disability. We believe people with disability need to be heard and for these experiences to influence how support services like ours are delivered. View our statement here https://bit.ly/2GzZGWA
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend