Every day, Life Without Barriers provides support and care to children and young people, as we work collaboratively with families, carers, and communities, to ensure they have the environment they deserve to grow. With a focus on ensuring safety and respect, this is an opportunity to make a positive and meaningful difference in these young lives and help pave a brighter future.
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose organisation of 8,000 employees working in more than 500 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless and refugees and asylum seekers. Join a community of people dedicated to breaking down barriers.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.
About the Role
We are currently recruiting a number of female Residential Support Workers to join our team in Melton. This is a challenging but rewarding opportunity for you to make a change in a Young Person's life. You will be working directly with young people, the positions are based in a 24/7 Residential Setting with fortnightly rotating shift rosters.
The successful candidates will need to have experience working with young people with complex behaviours and/or with young people with a disability. You will be actively supporting their individual needs and creating a safe environment.
LWB has a strong evidence-based culture and professional development is a focus with potential training opportunities from Cornwell University in Therapeutic Crisis Intervention (TCI) and Children and Residential Experiences (CARE).
The shifts are afternoon, evening, active nights and sleepover and will include weekend work
We are looking to staff two houses in Armstrong Creek and Lovely Banks.
- Provide day to day care, supervision and transport to children and young people
- Actively participate in activities and increase competencies of young people
- Form and maintain professional, nurturing relationships
- Develop, implement and monitor individual plans
- Actively support the child/young person to develop and maintain social skills
- Maintenance of progress notes and report writing
Skills & Experience
- Certificate 4 in Community Services, Youth Work or similar
- Completion of the following 4 units: Work effectively in trauma informed care; Provide primary residential care; Facilitate responsible behaviour and Work with children and young people with complex trauma and attachment issues and needs – Advantageous
- A current Senior First Aid Certificate (essential)
- A current unrestricted Australian Driver Licence
- Ability to work various shifts (sleepover & active nights) throughout the week
- Prior knowledge and/or experience working with young people
- Prior knowledge and/or experience working with young people with a disability.
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check and Working with Children Check & NDIS Workers Screening Check.
- Work for one of Australia's largest social purpose organisations
- Life Without Barriers offers ongoing training, support and career advancement opportunities
- Flexible working hours
How to Express your Interest
Please note: To be considered for and appointed to a position at Life Without Barriers, you must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or hold a valid medical exemption certificate. You will be required to provide evidence of your vaccination status during the recruitment process.
Send us your resume and covering letter in one document, click ‘Apply’ and follow the prompts. For any enquiries including persons with disability that require adjustments, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as applications may be reviewed prior to the closing date; and as such the closing date is subject to change without notice. Applications will close at midnight 12th June 2022.
Life Without Barriers supports the Royal Commission into violence, abuse, neglect and exploitation of people with disability. We believe people with disability need to be heard and for these experiences to influence how support services like ours are delivered. View our statement here (https://bit.ly/2GzZGWA)