Payroll Officer. Permanent Full Time – Newcastle, Central Coast or Sydney
Job no: 499704
Employment type: Full Time
Location: Gosford & Central Coast, Newcastle, Maitland & Hunter, Sydney
Categories: Human Resources, Finance
About the Organisation
Make a real difference in the lives of vulnerable Australians with this unique opportunity to provide both corporate expertise and community support. With a focus on people, not profit, Life Without Barriers’ corporate services team partners with our direct support staff, clients, and their families to ensure we continue our mission to change lives for the better. If a truly inclusive, collaborative, and fast-paced work environment sounds like your next career move, this is an opening not to be missed.
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose organisation of 8,000 employees working in more than 500 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people, and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless and refugees and asylum seekers. Join a community of people dedicated to breaking down barriers.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.
About the role
Working in our Shared Services team you will provide end to end transactional service delivery across payroll. This is a great opportunity to work in a dynamic team within a growing and transforming organisation. This is a permanent full time role, you can work remotely from Newcastle, Gosford or Sydney with the occasional need to come into the Newcastle Head Office.
- Processing salaries and wages with our fortnightly pay run and off cycles
- Key employee life cycle processes including maintenance of employee records including on-boarding, contract variations, terminations and organisational chart impacts
- Provide strong customer service to all employees regarding their payroll enquiries via the phone and email.
- Ensuring your industry knowledge on payroll matters is up to date and current
Skills & Experience
- Previous experience in a high volume payroll position
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy with the ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Analytical mind set and problem-solving skills
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality
- Good interpersonal skills and demonstrated commitment to provide a high level of customer service to a wide range of staff, contacts from external organisations and the wider community
- Demonstrated understanding and / or ability to use Microsoft Office suite of programs, for example Outlook, Word and Excel
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check and Working with Children Check (where relevant to the role).
- Join a transforming organisation
- Great tax benefits and rostered days off
- Permanent full time position –this role can work remotely from Newcastle, Gosford or Sydney with the occasional need to come into the Newcastle Head Office.
How to Apply
Include your resume and covering letter in one document, click ‘Apply’ and follow the prompts. For any enquiries including persons with disability that require adjustments, contact Debra Neil @ firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close at midnight on Sunday 22nd May 2022.
To be considered for and appointed to a position at Life Without Barriers, you must be vaccinated against COVID-19 or hold a valid medical exemption certificate. You will be required to provide evidence of your vaccination status during the recruitment process.
We are dedicated to playing our part to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and bring continuity of care and support to our clients. With this in mind, if you are successful, we will discuss with you an alternative to a face to face interview.
Life Without Barriers supports the Royal Commission into violence, abuse, neglect and exploitation of people with disability. We believe people with disability need to be heard and for these experiences to influence how support services like ours are delivered. View our statement here https://bit.ly/2GzZGWA
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend