Practice Support Specialist. Permanent Full Time – Location Flexible
Job no: 499698
Employment type: Full Time
Location: Newcastle, Maitland & Hunter, Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne
About the Organisation
Empowering people with disability to live life the way they choose is at the heart of how Life Without Barriers has operated for over 25 years. This is an exciting opportunity to join our team and continue this mission. Support people with disability to have the choice, control, and independence to live their best life. If you’re passionate about inclusivity, respect, and making a meaningful difference, this is the career move for you.
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose organisation of 8,000 employees working in more than 500 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless and refugees and asylum seekers. Join a community of people dedicated to breaking down barriers.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply
About the role
This is a newly created role reporting to the Manager, Practice Support, in the Centre for Practice Excellence. You will work as part of a multi-disciplinary team to support practice uplift and the development of new practice and program initiatives which will strengthen the skills and knowledge of frontline staff to ensure the people we support are provided with “great service through great practice”.
This is a permanent full time role, location flexible.
- Work in partnership with Centre for Practice Excellence partners and client services to facilitate practice uplift through effective implementation and maintenance of person-centred supports.
- Provide modelling, coaching and mentoring to frontline staff to embed evidence-based practice
- Support continuous improvement activities and focus staff attention on the quality of life of the people we support.
- Support the development of new programs and practice initiatives and translate these into practice
- Provide expert advice and lead the review, design, and implementation of LWB practice policy, procedures and programs to ensure practice is person-centred and evidence based
- Provide expertise and insight into complex cases through participation in specialist panels, case conferences or investigations
- Contribute to the design and facilitation of professional learning solutions.
Skills & Experience
- A tertiary degree in Speech Pathology, Psychology, Social Work, Occupational Therapy, Mental Health Nursing or other relevant qualification
- Demonstrated experience and expertise in the assessment, planning, delivery and evaluation of client support services in Disability Services and or Mental Health
- Demonstrated experience in developing and implementing processes and systems to improve services
- Demonstrated experiencing in providing advice, support, coaching, mentoring and training to managers and staff
- Working knowledge of relevant legislative and regulatory environment for areas of business responsibility
- The ability to work collaboratively with a range of stakeholders including peers, employees, external organisations, funding bodies and government agencies.
- Effective time management and organisational skills, well-developed analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written communication skills for the creation of reports, correspondence, and other material
- Demonstrated commitment to the care and protection of service users
- Current Driver License
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check and Working with Children Check (where relevant to the role).
- New role - Permanent full time – location flexible
- Working with a team of professional to enable relationships that facilitates engagement of people with intellectual disabilities in meaningful activities and social relationships
- Opportunity to work for one of Australia's largest social purpose organisations
How to Apply
Include your resume and covering letter in one document, click ‘Apply’ and follow the prompts. For any enquiries including persons with disability that require adjustments, contact email@example.com
Applications close at midnight on Sunday 22nd May 2022.
To be considered for and appointed to a position at Life Without Barriers, you must be vaccinated against COVID-19 or hold a valid medical exemption certificate. You will be required to provide evidence of your vaccination status during the recruitment process.
We are dedicated to playing our part to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and bring continuity of care and support to our clients. With this in mind, if you are successful, we will discuss with you an alternative to a face to face interview.
Life Without Barriers supports the Royal Commission into violence, abuse, neglect and exploitation of people with disability. We believe people with disability need to be heard and for these experiences to influence how support services like ours are delivered. View our statement here https://bit.ly/2GzZGWA
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend