Home Care Worker Level 2 - Grafton
Job no: 499641
Employment type: Part Time
Location: Lismore & Far North Coast
Categories: Aged Care
About the Organisation
Enhance the lives of older Australians by joining the Life Without Barriers team. Guided by every client’s individual needs and interests, our personalised in-home Aged Care services focus on empowering every person to maintain their home comforts, health, and connections within their community.
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose organisation of 8,000 employees working in more than 500 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless and refugees and asylum seekers. Join a community of people dedicated to breaking down barriers.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.
About the Role
In this role, you will be providing Home Care support to our clients in a range of Aged Care services such as post hospital transition to home and Veterans Home Care. Clients in these programs may be in receipt of either short term or ongoing care, during which time you will support their reablement and improved quality of life.
This is a casual role, with work being undertaken in Grafton and the surrounding areas
To be considered for these roles, you will need to be flexible in your availability and willing to work short, split shifts within the community across a Monday to Sunday roster, with shifts typically occurring between the hours of 6am – 10pm each day.
- Undertake personal care and daily hygiene duties such as showering, grooming and meal preparation as well as domestic duties such as cleaning, washing and respite
- Assist with the administration of approved medications
- Implement tasks and routines outlined by an approved medical professional
- Support clients in attending appointments and social activities within the community
- Maintain and monitor a client’s health and behaviour changes on an ongoing basis
- Build rapport and collaborate effectively with clients to establish positive relationships
Skills & Experience
- Minimum Certificate III in Individual Support, Aged Care, Nursing or similar
- A current First Aid Certificate and CPR Certification
- An Australian Driver’s Licence and ownership of a registered vehicle with comprehensive car insurance
- The confidence to maintain service user privacy and confidentiality
- Strong communication skills with the ability to build and maintain positive relationships
- Experience providing personal care or domestic support and assistance to clients.
- Demonstrated experience in using initiative and working both individually in supporting service users and as part of a team
Please note: Successful candidates will be required to undertake relevant pre-employment checks to ensure the safety of our clients. This includes a National Criminal History Record Check and meeting immunisation requirements as per our contract with NSW Health.
We will discuss with and support you to meet these specified requirements as part of your recruitment and on boarding process.
- An opportunity to work for one of Australia's largest Social Purpose Organisations
- Fantastic salary packaging benefits through Maxxia, tax free earnings up to $15,900
- Casual Hourly Rate from $28.99 per hour + Super + Shift Loading (where applicable)
How to Apply
Include your resume and covering letter in one document, click ‘Apply’ and follow the prompts. For any enquiries including persons with disability that require adjustments, contact Chiara Molini at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are dedicated to playing our part to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and bring continuity of care and support to our clients. With this in mind, if you are successful, we will discuss with you an alternative to a face to face interview.
Applications close at Midnight on Wednesday 6th of July 2022
Life Without Barriers supports the Royal Commission into violence, abuse, neglect and exploitation of people with disability. We believe people with disability need to be heard and for these experiences to influence how support services like ours are delivered. View our statement here (https://bit.ly/2GzZGWA)
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend