Disability Support Worker. Maximum Term Part Time - Doncaster East
Job no: 499387
Employment type: Part Time
Empowering people with disability to live life the way they choose is at the heart of how Life Without Barriers has operated for over 25 years. This is an exciting opportunity to join our team and continue this mission. Support people with disability to have the choice, control, and independence to live their best life. If you’re passionate about inclusivity, respect, and making a meaningful difference, this is the career move for you.
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose organisation of 8,000 employees working in more than 500 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless and refugees and asylum seekers. Join a community of people dedicated to breaking down barriers.
We are currently looking for a part time Disability Support Worker(DDSO1/1Q) for the house team, situated in Doncaster East. This is a Fixed-term role until Late January 2023. In this role you will be responsible for providing a tailored service for people with disabilities, across their life cycle and in all domains of life, to enable access to a life of dignity, respect and social inclusion in the least restrictive environment.
As the successful applicant you will work to facilitate the delivery of quality services and achieve positive outcomes with and for the clients within the house. This role involves working with clients with Behaviours of concern. We are looking for someone who is open to arrange of experiences and is willing to implement behaviour management strategies.
The roster details are outlined as hours per fortnight below:
- Fortnight 1: 33:00
- Fortnight 2: 41:00
- This roster contains 7 Sleep over shifts per monthly roster
- Contribute to the day-to-day running of the house
- Develop planned activities in line with departmental policies and guidelines
- Liaise with family members, medical services, departmental services and external services to help meet client needs
- Develop, implement, monitor and review a range of client support plans, with oversight from senior staff, using knowledge of client need, preferences and interests
- Provide quality direct support to clients in line with their support needs, the program they are accessing, and all support plans including Individual Plans
- Administer medication treatments and therapies according to prescribed protocols or otherwise, seek appropriate medical assistance
- Implement development programs and identify and support learning opportunities
- Certificate IV in Disability or equivalent Disability related qualification
- A current Senior First Aid (level 2) Certificate
- A current unrestricted Driver Licence
- A commitment to supporting and promoting the individual needs, skills, abilities and personal goals of people with disabilities
- The ability to develop a positive relationship with service users and to support their Individual Personal Plan
- Previous experience working in an environment with Autistic clients highly regarded
- Work for one of Australia’s largest social purpose organisations
- Life Without Barriers offers ongoing training, support and career advancement opportunities
- Great opportunity to establish a career within a stable, growing and well recognised, forward thinking, services provider – with a healthy remuneration package including Salary Sacrificing Benefit
Include your resume and covering letter in one document, click ‘Apply’ and follow the prompts. For any general enquiries (not applications) including requests to view the roster requirements prior to applying or persons with disability that require adjustments please contact email@example.com
Applications close Midnight Thursday 7th July.
In accordance with the Victorian Public Health Order, mandatory vaccination may be required for this position. Where applicable, evidence will be requested at probity check stage.
Life Without Barriers supports the Royal Commission into violence, abuse, neglect and exploitation of people with disability. We believe people with disability need to be heard and for these experiences to influence how support services like ours are delivered. View our statement here (https://bit.ly/2GzZGWA)
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend