Home Care Worker (Aged Care). Permanent Part Time & Casual - Tamworth
Job no: 498953
Employment type: Casual, Part Time
Location: Tamworth & North West NSW
Categories: Aged Care
About the Organisation
Enhance the lives of older Australians by joining the Life Without Barriers team. Guided by every client’s individual needs and interests, our personalised in-home Aged Care services focus on empowering every person to maintain their home comforts, health, and connections within their community.
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose organisation of 8,000 employees working in more than 500 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless and refugees and asylum seekers. Join a community of people dedicated to breaking down barriers.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.
About the Role
Provide personalised, 1:1 Home Care support to clients accessing our Aged Care services within Tweed Heads and the surrounding areas. This is a Permanent Part Time offering an average of 10 Hours per wee with typical hours of work between the hours of 8am – 5pm Monday to Friday (Some work outside of these times may be required on occasion)
You will be required to travel to multiple clients homes throughout your working day, therefore a current Australian Drivers Licence & having access to a reliable vehicle that you can use for work purposes is essential for this position.
- Providing Domestic Assistance such as meal preparation, light cleaning and washing
- Assisting with personal care and hygiene tasks such as showing and toileting
- Support clients in attending appointments and social activities within the community
- Assist with the administration of approved medications
- Build rapport and collaborate effectively with clients to establish positive relationships
Skills & Experience
- Certificate III Aged Care, Individual Support or other relevant qualification
- Current First Aid Certificate and CPR Certification
- An Australian Driver’s Licence and reliable and fully insured vehicle that you can use for work purposes
- Demonstrated ability to use basic technology and software on a mobile and desktop
- An understanding of how to follow client support plans and complete client documentation
- Strong communication skills with the ability to develop positive relationships with clients, their families and other stakeholders.
- An opportunity to grow your career with one of Australia's largest Social Purpose Organisations
- Hourly Rate from $23.19 + Super + Shift Loading (where applicable) + Salary Packaging Benefits
- Fantastic salary packaging benefits through Maxxia, tax free earnings up to $15,900
How to Apply
Include your resume and covering letter in one document, click ‘Apply’ and follow the prompts. For any enquiries including persons with disability that require adjustments, contact Chiara Molini at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To be considered for and appointed to a position at Life Without Barriers, you must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or hold a valid medical exemption certificate. You will be required to provide evidence of your vaccination status during the recruitment process
Applications Close at Midnight on Wednesday 6th of July 2022
We are dedicated to playing our part to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and bring continuity of care and support to our clients. With this in mind, if you are successful, we will discuss with you an alternative to a face to face interview.
Life Without Barriers supports the Royal Commission into violence, abuse, neglect and exploitation of people with disability. We believe people with disability need to be heard and for these experiences to influence how support services like ours are delivered. View our statement here (https://bit.ly/2GzZGWA)
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend