2 Disability Support Officers (DDSO1/1Q) - Part time - Brighton - VDAS (498902)
Job no: 498902
Employment type: Part Time
About the Organisation
Life Without Barriers offers prospective employees, excellent career opportunities within the Disability Development and Support space. As an organisation at the forefront of the sector and a leading social purpose, not for profit organisation we currently employee 8,000 employees in more than 530 communities across Australia. We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply. Within the Victorian Disability Accommodation Services arena, we are growing and continue to make a positive difference in the daily lives of adults with disability across 130 houses providing support to 500+ clients across the Melbourne Metropolitan area.
About the role
We are looking for 2 enthusiastic, client focussed & qualified Disability Support Workers to join our team in the bayside suburb of Brighton. Our available lines are a combination of morning and afternoon and shifts, Both roster lines have sleep over shifts. Some weekends required as well. You will be working in one of 2 part time positions and will be actively involved in supporting the development, implementation and monitoring of Individual Care plans for clients with high support needs. Within these guidelines and frameworks, you will work to facilitate the delivery of high-quality services to achieve positive outcomes for clients in a safe environment offering as much independence as possible. The house has 5 residents – 4 female & 1 male. The residents are vision impaired who require high support with varying levels of interactions. Manual handling will also be a requirement in the house as 2 residents are in wheelchairs.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Provide quality direct support to service users in line with their support needs, the programs they are accessing, and all support plans including the service users Individual Plan
- Increase the service users’ skills through independence, personal growth and development through the provision of active support and their enhanced participation as a valued member of their community
- Implement development programs and identify and support learning opportunities for service users
- Assist in the delivery of programs that facilitate service users’ development of social networks and inclusion in community activities
To be successful in this role you will possess the following;
Skills & Experience
- Minimum Cert IV Qualified in Disability, Community Welfare or similar
- A current Senior First Aid (level 2) Certificate
- A current unrestricted Driver Licence
- Hold or willing to obtain the NDIS workers screening check
- A commitment to supporting and promoting the individual needs, skills, abilities and personal goals of people with disabilities
- The ability to develop a positive relationship with service users and to support their Individual Personal Plan
In order to be compliant successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including a National Criminal History Record Check and an International Criminal History Record Check; if you have resided for 12 months or more outside of Australia in the last 10 years. A Working with Children Check & NDIS workers screening check is also required (where relevant to the role) and a current Victorian Driver's Licence is essential.
Please note: Mandatory COVID-19 vaccinations may be required for this position, in accordance with relevant Public Health Orders across all States and Territories. In these circumstances, evidence of vaccination will be required prior to an offer of employment.
- Excellent Career opportunity within a leading community services organisation
- Attractive Awards based package with FULL SALARY SACRIFICING BENEFITS
- Meaningful and rewarding opportunity
- Flexible working hours
- Roster splits are 45:30/45:30 – 6 sleep overs per monthly roster or 38:00/38:00 – 7 Sleep over shifts per monthly roster.
How to Apply
Include your resume and covering letter in one document, click ‘Apply’ and follow the prompts. For any enquiries (NOT APPLICATIONS) including persons with disability that require adjustments, or to review the specific roster line available please contact John at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close at midnight on Friday 28th January
Life Without Barriers supports the Royal Commission into violence, abuse, neglect and exploitation of people with disability. We believe people with disability need to be heard and for these experiences to influence how support services like ours are delivered. View our statement here (https://bit.ly/2GzZGWA)
If you are Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander, we welcome your application and have supports for you should you require them. Our Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander State Lead is available for any questions you may have on William.Gray@lwb.org.au. Please note: This email address is purely for cultural support and not recruitment enquiries. Please submit any enquiries you have regarding your application to the relevant recruitment advisor.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend