Empowering people with disability to live life the way they choose is at the heart of how Life Without Barriers has operated for over 25 years. This is an exciting opportunity to join our team and continue this mission. Support people with disability to have the choice, control, and independence to live their best life. If you’re passionate about inclusivity, respect, and making a meaningful difference, this is the career move for you.
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose organisation of 8,000 employees working in more than 500 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless and refugees and asylum seekers. Join a community of people dedicated to breaking down barriers.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply
About the Role
The purpose of the Senior Support Coordinator, NDIS is to assist NDIS participants in the support coordination and implementation of all supports in their funded plan, including informal, mainstream and community supports, funded supports and assist in supervising, leading and coordinating the Support Coordination teams. This is a new permanent, full time role based in South Morang, to lead a growing team of Support Coordinators, with an anticipated commencement in March 2022.
- Support the customer to implement their NDIS plan, including assistance to identify and select providers
- Monitoring plan outcomes & plan expenditure to ensure the plan remains in budget
- Strengthen and enhance the customer’s abilities to self-direct their own supports and participate in the community;
- Provide leadership to staff, including providing supervision, role modelling, coaching and mentoring for direct reports
- Assist with the induction and training of new and existing staff.
- Ensure consistency of approach to clients across the team
- Assist in auditing and monitoring of Individual Plans to ensure that they meet the individual clients’ personal needs and choices and maximise quality of life for each client
- Be first point of escalation for queries
Skills & Experience
- Relevant Tertiary qualifications including Diploma in Disability and / or significant experience in support coordination assisting clients with complex needs
- Demonstrated experience in working with people with a disability, including supporting people with disability to develop positive relationships with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrated application of the objectives and principles of the National Standards for Disability Services
- A professional and positive outlook about supporting people with disabilities and commitment to supporting and promoting the individual needs, skills, abilities and personal goals of people with disabilities.
- Commitment to the values of dignity, respect, inclusion, empowerment, confidentiality and strength-based practice
- Strong coordination, leadership and peer support skills
- Excellent verbal communication skills and a demonstrated ability to engage with clients and their families to support them as participants of the National Disability Insurance Scheme
- Strong written and computer skills for the creation of plans, programs, reports, correspondence and other documents
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check and hold Tasmanian Working With Vulnerable People Registration, including NDIS Worker Screening.
Please note: Mandatory COVID-19 vaccinations may be required for this position, in accordance with relevant Public Health Orders across all States and Territories. In these circumstances, evidence of vaccination will be required prior to an offer of employment.
- Permanent role in fast growing, national for-purpose organisation
- Flexible work arrangements, with mix of office and work from home options available
- Ongoing training & development opportunities
How to Apply
Include your resume and covering letter in one document, click ‘Apply’ and follow the prompts. For any enquiries including persons with disability that require adjustments, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are dedicated to playing our part to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and bring continuity of care and support to our clients. With this in mind, if you are successful, we will discuss with you an alternative to a face-to-face interview.
Applications close at midnight on Wednesday 26th January 2022.
Life Without Barriers supports the Royal Commission into violence, abuse, neglect and exploitation of people with disability. We believe people with disability need to be heard and for these experiences to influence how support services like ours are delivered. View our statement (https://bit.ly/2GzZGWA)