Disability Support Worker. Casual - Bunbury
Job no: 498880
Employment type: Casual
Location: Bunbury & South West
About the Organisation
Empowering people with disability to live life the way they choose is at the heart of how Life Without Barriers has operated for over 25 years. This is an exciting opportunity to join our team and continue this mission. Support people with disability to have the choice, control and independence to live their best life. If you’re passionate about inclusivity, respect, and making a meaningful difference, this is could be a career move for you.
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose, not for profit organisation of 7,000 employees working in more than 440 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless and refugees and asylum seekers.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.
About the role
This is a challenging but rewarding opportunity for you to make a positive change in the lives of People with a Disability.
Working as part of the South West disability team, you will facilitate the delivery of quality services in and around Bunbury and achieve positive outcomes with service users in a positive and proactive environment. You will be actively supporting their individual needs and creating a safe environment.
We have casual hours available across 7 days a week.
- Supporting activities of daily living (including personal care such as showering)
- Community Access & Transport (including, shopping and appointments)
- Maintain & Monitor Person Centred Plans
- Documenting & Progress Note keeping
Skills & Experience
- Certificate III Individual Support, Disability or similar (not essential)
- Experience working with complex care needs and behaviours (preferred)
- Unrestricted Australian Drivers Licence
- Current Provide First Aid Certificate
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check and Working with Children Check (where relevant to the role). To work with one of our clients you must have up to date flu and Covid-19 vaccinations.
- Opportunity to work for one of Australia’s largest social purpose organisations
- Career Development opportunities
- Salary Sacrifice Tax Benefits
How to Apply
Include your resume and covering letter in one document, click ‘Apply’ and follow the prompts. For any enquiries including persons with disability that require adjustments, contact email@example.com
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend