Learning & Development Advisor. Permanent Full Time - Flexible Location
Job no: 498868
Employment type: Full Time
Location: Sydney, Brisbane, Adelaide, Hobart, Melbourne, Perth
Categories: Human Resources
About the Organisation
Make a real difference in the lives of vulnerable Australians with this unique opportunity to provide both corporate expertise and community support. With a focus on people, not profit, Life Without Barriers’ corporate services team partners with our direct support staff, clients, and their families to ensure we continue our mission to change lives for the better. If a truly inclusive, collaborative, and fast-paced work environment sounds like your next career move, this is an opening not to be missed.
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose, not for profit organisation of 8,000 employees working in more than 500 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless and refugees and asylum seekers.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.
About the role
As part of a national team, design and deliver highly effective programs of professional learning across disability and mental health. You will implement professional learning programs, solution design and interventions to develop the capability of our disability and mental health workforce by ensuring they are evidence informed and have the knowledge, skills and attributes to deliver excellent services to the people we support. This is a permanent full time position that can be based from any one of our offices with flexibility to work from home.
- Lead the co-design process with an emphasis on user experience
- Create, deliver, review and evaluate professional learning curriculum and approaches to develop and embed practice that enables our staff to deliver positive outcomes for our clients
- Understand and implement evidence informed learning practice in all professional development solutions
- Prepare learning materials with a ‘best fit’ approach to method of delivery
- Participate in the collection and analysis of data for reporting on performance and contributing to evidence-based program fidelity
- Actively contribute to relevant professional learning projects and initiatives in partnership with internal and external stakeholders
Skills & Experience
- Demonstrated experience in designing interactive, engaging and effective learning solutions
- Experience facilitating a range of training and learning deliverables to a variety of audiences
- Strong relationship focus and ability to lead co-design processes with varied stakeholders
- Demonstrated experience implementing teaching, coaching and facilitation skills to ensure effective learning transfer opportunities
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check.
- Come and do work that matters and have a positive impact in your community
- Work with a team of collaborative learning professionals with varied experience and a huge willingness to share and learn together
- Work within a national, collaborative team who are specialists in their field
- Be led by forward thinkers that are outcomes focussed
How to Apply
Include your resume and covering letter in one document, click ‘Apply’ and follow the prompts. For any enquiries including persons with disability that require adjustments, contact Mikaella Latimore at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: Mandatory COVID-19 vaccinations may be required for this position, in accordance with relevant Public Health Orders across all States and Territories. In these circumstances, evidence of vaccination will be required prior to an offer of employment.
We are dedicated to playing our part to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and bring continuity of care and support to our clients. With this in mind, if you are successful, we will discuss with you an alternative to a face to face interview.
Applications close at midnight on 24 January 2022.
Life Without Barriers supports the Royal Commission into violence, abuse, neglect and exploitation of people with disability. We believe people with disability need to be heard and for these experiences to influence how support services like ours are delivered. View our statement here https://bit.ly/2GzZGWA
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend