Home Care Workers. Permanent part time - Adelaide
Job no: 498705
Employment type: Part Time
Categories: Aged Care
Enhance the lives of older Australians by joining the Life Without Barriers team. Guided by every client’s individual needs and interests, our personalised in-home Aged Care services focus on empowering every person to maintain their home comforts, health, and connections within their community.
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose organisation of 8,000 employees working in more than 500 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless and refugees and asylum seekers. Join a community of people dedicated to breaking down barriers.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.
About the role
Life Without Barriers supports our ageing community to remain living independently within their own home. Home Care Workers at Life Without Barriers work as a team to facilitate the delivery of quality services and achieve positive outcomes with clients in a positive and proactive environment.
We are looking to employ values-based staff to actively support aged clients to remain living independently at home through the provision of domestic assistance, social support and personal care.
We offer permanent part time positions with ongoing development, regular supervision and future career opportunities, working across the Adelaide Metropolitan area.
- Assist clients to maintain a clean home environment by completing basic domestic chores as indicated in the clients care plan.
- Support clients in attending social activities and appointments.
- Assist the client with showering, bathing, eating, grooming and any personal care needs as identified in their Care Plan.
- Establish a rapport and collaborate effectively with clients and their families or carers.
- Attend, participate and contribute to all team meetings and supervision meetings.
- Maintain and update professional skills by actively participating in training opportunities.
- Administer basic first aid as required.
Skills & Experience
- A Certificate III in Individual Support in Home and Community Care, Aged Care or similar is desirable, but not essential.
- A current unrestricted drivers’ licence.
- Current First Aid & CPR Certificate.
- A commitment to supporting and promoting the individual needs of clients
- Please note: Mandatory COVID-19 vaccinations will be required for this position, in accordance with relevant Public Health Orders across all States and Territories. In these circumstances, evidence of vaccination will be required prior to an offer of employment.
- Job security - Permanent Part Time position
- Career growth opportunities
- Great team culture
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check.
How to Apply
Include your resume and covering letter in one document, click 'Apply' and follow the prompts. For any enquiries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis, so we encourage interested candidates to apply as soon as possible, and interviews will be held regularly.
We are dedicated to playing our part to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and bring continuity of care and support to our clients. With this in mind, if you are successful, we will discuss with you an alternative to a face to face interview.
Life Without Barriers supports the Royal Commission into violence, abuse, neglect and exploitation of people with disability. We believe people with disability need to be heard and for these experiences to influence how support services like ours are delivered. View our statement here (https://bit.ly/2GzZGWA)
Advertised: Cen. Australia Daylight Time
Applications close: Cen. Australia Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend