Disability Support Worker. Casual & Part Time - Alice Springs
Job no: 498693
Employment type: Casual
Location: Alice Springs & Central Australia
About the role
We are seeking people to join our Supported Independent Living team, assisting our clients in 24/7 supported accommodation houses across Alice Springs. You will be compassionate, respectful and someone who wants to make a positive impact on people with disability to live empowered and independent lives.
We are seeking people with a variety of skills sets and lived experiences. Shifts include morning, afternoon, sleepovers and active nights. we have casual and permanent part time contracts available.
- Support clients to work towards achieving their individual aims
- Support in day to day living, promoting cooking, housekeeping, hygiene, shopping etc.
- Encourage independence and support with personal care such as showering and dressing
- Liaise and collaborate with clients, their community and community support agencies
- Monitor and review client’s progress through the service and against the case plan
- Utilise positive behaviour strategies
- Maintenance of progress notes and record keeping
- Supporting clients to remain connected to their culture, kin and community
Skills & Experience
- Excellent Customer Service skills
- Passionate about delivering Person-Centred support
- Current Provide First Aid & CPR Certificate (or willingness to obtain one)
- Managing behaviours of concern – Full training provided
- Medication Management and health-related supports – Full training provided
Successful candidates will be required to Undergo National Criminal History Record Check and a Working With Children’s Check prior to starting.
About the Organisation
Empowering people with disability to live life the way they choose is at the heart of how Life Without Barriers has operated for over 25 years. This is an exciting opportunity to join our team and continue this mission. Support people with disability to have the choice, control and independence to live their best life. If you’re passionate about inclusivity, respect, and making a meaningful difference, this is could be a career move for you.
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose organisation of 8,000 employees working in more than 500 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless and refugees and asylum seekers. Join a community of people dedicated to breaking down barriers.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply
- Opportunity to work for one of Australia’s largest social purpose organisations
- Flexible roster arrangements
- Competitive hourly rate and salary packaging options
- Employee Assistance Program
- Ongoing training
- Travel club membership, discounted health insurance & discounted vehicle servicing to mention a few
How to Apply
Include your resume, click ‘Apply’ and follow the prompts.
For any enquiries including persons with disability that require adjustments, contact Recruitment@lwb.org.au
Advertised: AUS Central Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Central Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend