House Supervisor (DDS03A) - Max Term - Bundoora - VDAS (497594)
Job no: 497594
Employment type: Full Time
About the Organisation
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose, not for profit organisation of over 7000 employees working in more than 530 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless and refugees and asylum seekers.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.
About the role
We are currently seeking a House Supervisor for a complex needs house situated in the Northern Region.
This position will be responsible for independently supervising house staff and services to provide positive support to people with disabilities, across their life cycle and in all domains of life, to enable access to a quality life with dignity and respect in the least restrictive environment.
Taking on the role of House Supervisor, you will be required to demonstrate strong leadership qualities, have significant experience in working with clients in a small group home setting and experience with complex behaviour and health support needs including personal care. You will also have strong knowledge of relevant legislation and NDIS support knowledge as well as excellent skills in communicating effectively with a diverse group of key stakeholders.
- Lead and plan support for people with disabilities to participate in a range of life areas based on the goals of individual support plans
- Advocate on behalf of clients and their families, to support inclusion, participation and respect for rights
- Administer medication treatments and therapies or seek appropriate medical assistance according to prescribed protocols
- Work to develop and maintain team morale and effectiveness and provide day-to-day mentoring and best practice knowledge
- Work to mentor and develop of staff through PDS
- Manage 1st level performance management
- Be professionally accountable for autonomous decisions that impact on clients and staff, made within bounds of department policy and with management support
- Prepare detailed reports, data and notation within area of expertise or responsibility and identify areas of service improvement
- Implementing positive behaviour management strategies
- Implementing and supporting staff to engage in meaningful active engagement with clients with complex behaviours.
- Ability to build positive staffing teams, leading through transitions.
- Working with complex families to achieve positive outcomes. Building workable relationships to improve outcomes for clients.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Advanced Diploma in Community Sector Management or equivalent Disability related qualification - candidates currently studying for this qualification may be considered depending upon experience.
- This Team Leader role requires strong leadership skills and extensive experience in the disability sector. The successful applicant will have knowledge of and/or experience with forensic disability and mental health services and will lead complex support provision. While the role is fixed term it has the potential to become ongoing
- Demonstrated experience as a senior disability support worker supporting clients within a residential setting
- A current Senior First Aid (level 2) Certificate
- A current unrestricted Victorian Drivers Licence
- A commitment to supporting and promoting the individual needs, skills, abilities and personal goals of people with disabilities
- In accordance to the Public Health Order mandatory vaccination may be required based on where you live or where you may work. Evidence of this will be required at probity check stage.
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check and Working with Children Check (where relevant to the role).
- Work for one of Australia’s largest social purpose organisations with an enviable reputation in this sector
- Life Without Barriers offers ongoing training, support and career advancement opportunities
- Opportunity to work within an organisation where diversity and inclusion are a reality
How to Apply
Include your resume and covering letter in one document, click ‘Apply’ and follow the prompts. For any general enquiries (not applications) including persons with disability that require adjustments please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close at midnight on the 9th of December, 2021.
Please note: Mandatory COVID-19 vaccinations may be required for this position, in accordance with relevant Public Health Orders across all States and Territories. In these circumstances, evidence of vaccination will be required prior to an offer of employment.
Life Without Barriers supports the Royal Commission into violence, abuse, neglect and exploitation of people with disability. We believe people with disability need to be heard and for these experiences to influence how support services like ours are delivered. View our statement here (https://bit.ly/2GzZGWA)
If you are Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander, we welcome your application and have supports for you should you require them. Our Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander State Lead is available for any questions you may have on William.Gray@lwb.org.au. Please note: This email address is purely for cultural support and not recruitment enquiries. Please submit any enquiries you have regarding your application to the relevant recruitment advisor.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend