Case Manager (Intensive Therapeutic Care). Permanent Full Time - Wollongong
Job no: 497409
Employment type: Full Time
Location: Wollongong, Illawarra & South Coast
Categories: Child, Youth & Family
About the Organisation
Every day, Life Without Barriers provides support and care to children and young people, as we work collaboratively with families, carers, and communities, to ensure they have the environment they deserve to grow. With a focus on ensuring safety and respect, this is an opportunity to make a positive and meaningful difference in these young lives and help pave a brighter future.
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose, not for profit organisation of 8,000 employees working in more than 500 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless and refugees and asylum seekers.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.
About the role
Working within our Intensive Therapeutic Care program in Wollongong the Case Manager is responsible for developing and implementing therapeutic care plans to support the needs of up to 6 young people living in Intensive Therapeutic Care Homes (ITCH) along with up to 3 young people living in Therapeutic Supported Independent Living (TSIL) Homes.
To be successful in this role, you must have previous experience managing complex caseloads for children and young people in out of home care and be willing to participate in an on-call roster as required. Travel will be required across Wollongong along with occasional travel to Nowra (a car is provided with this role).
- Develop and implement high quality therapeutic case plans
- Record, monitor and review goals to ensure ongoing relevance to the young person
- Attend shifts within the intensive therapeutic care homes
- Meet with young people and family members to gather input for case plans
- Coordinate and network with other stakeholders to achieve case plan goals
- Participate in an on-call roster as required
Skills & Experience
- Relevant bachelor’s degree
- Candidates with a relevant diploma, working towards a degree may be considered
- Previous case management experience within out of home care
- Understanding of current casework practices for children and young people
- Understanding of trauma and its effects on children and young people
- Current NSW unrestricted drivers’ licence
Please note: Mandatory COVID-19 vaccinations may be required for this position, in accordance with relevant Public Health Orders across all States and Territories. In these circumstances, evidence of vaccination will be required prior to an offer of employment.
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check and Working with Children Check.
- Car for work and personal use
- Up to $15,900 of your annual salary tax free through salary packaging benefits
- Monthly rostered days off
- Access to discounts and benefits at selected retail outlets such as department stores, attractions, travel, cinemas, restaurants and MORE
- Meaningful work opportunity at one of Australia’s leading social purpose organisations.
How to Apply
Include your resume and covering letter in one document, click ‘Apply’ and follow the prompts. For any enquiries including persons with disability that require adjustments, contact Kestra Caller at email@example.com
We are dedicated to playing our part to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and bring continuity of care and support to our clients. With this in mind, if you are successful, we will discuss with you an alternative to a face to face interview.
Applications close at midnight on Thursday the 9th of December, 2021 (AEST).
Life Without Barriers supports the Royal Commission into violence, abuse, neglect and exploitation of people with disability. We believe people with disability need to be heard and for these experiences to influence how support services like ours are delivered. View our statement here (https://bit.ly/2GzZGWA)
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend