About the Organisation
Empowering people with disability to live life the way they choose is at the heart of how Life Without Barriers has operated for over 25 years. This is an exciting opportunity to join our team and continue this mission. Support people with disability to have the choice, control, and independence to live their best life. If you’re passionate about inclusivity, respect, and making a meaningful difference, this is the career move for you.
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose, not for profit organisation of 8,000 employees working in more than 500 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people, and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless, refugees and asylum seekers.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.
About the Role
We are looking for people who are dedicated, values oriented, and people focused to join our growing presence in Batemans Bay. In this particular opportunity we have two programs available to choose from; our Lifestyle Support Services or Supported Independent Living program. Each team is focused on supporting our clients with disabilities to live independently and achieve their goals.
Please note that you may be required to work across a 24/7 roster. This includes sleepovers, active nights, evenings and weekends.
- Pay rates starting from $36.40 per hour (casual) or $29.12 per hour (permanent)
- Great penalty rates as per the SCHADS Award and 10% superannuation
- Non-profit salary packaging benefits with Maxxia and other employee discounts
- On-going training opportunities in a supportive and collaborative team environment
- We are an organisation that champions diversity, inclusivity, and equality
- An opportunity to work for one of Australia's largest social purpose organisations
- Follow person-centred support plans and behaviour support plans respectfully
- Participate in community activities and encourage clients to perform daily living tasks
- Track and document an individual’s progress through thorough record keeping
- Follow company procedures when reporting incidents and maintain confidentiality
- Build meaningful positive relationships with our clients and their families
Skills & Experience
- An unrestricted New South Wales driver’s licence
- Commitment to a 24/7 roster, including sleepovers, active night shifts & weekends
- Demonstrated ability to use basic technology and software on a mobile and desktop
- A current First Aid Certificate, which includes the course HLTAID003 or HLTAID011
Successful candidates will be required to clear all state-based probity checks; including but not limited to a National Criminal History Record Check and NDIS Worker Screening Check.
Please note: Mandatory COVID-19 vaccinations may be required for this position, in accordance with relevant Public Health Orders across all States and Territories. In these circumstances, evidence of vaccination will be required prior to an offer of employment.
How to Apply
Include your resume and covering letter in one document, click ‘Apply’ and follow the prompts. For any enquiries including persons with disability that require adjustments, contact Zali Kakko at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are dedicated to playing our part to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and bring continuity of care and support to our clients. With this in mind, if you are successful, we will discuss with you an alternative to a face to face interview.
Applications close at midnight on Wednesday the 8th of December 2021 (AEDT).
Life Without Barriers supports the Royal Commission into violence, abuse, neglect, and exploitation of people with disability. We believe people with disability need to be heard and for these experiences to influence how support services like ours are delivered. View our statement here (https://bit.ly/2GzZGWA)