Residential Support Worker/Senior RSW. Perm Part Time/Casual- Geelong
Job no: 497369
Employment type: Part Time
Location: Geelong & Great Ocean Road
Categories: Child, Youth & Family
About the Role
We are currently recruiting a number of Residential Support Workers to join our team in Barwon. This is a challenging but rewarding opportunity for you to make a change in a Young Person's life. You will be working directly with young people, the positions are based in a 24/7 Residential Setting with fortnightly rotating shift rosters.
The successful candidates will need to have experience working with young people with complex behaviours and/or with young people with a disability. You will be actively supporting their individual needs and creating a safe environment.
LWB has a strong evidence-based culture and professional development is a focus with potential training opportunities from Cornwell University in Therapeutic Crisis Intervention (TCI) and Children and Residential Experiences (CARE).
The shifts are afternoon, evening, active nights and sleepover and will include weekend work and we are recruiting for both Residential Support Workers and Senior Residential Support Workers
- Provide day to day care, supervision and transport to children and young people
- Actively participate in activities and increase competencies of young people
- Form and maintain professional, nurturing relationships
- Develop, implement and monitor individual plans
- Actively support the child/young person to develop and maintain social skills
- Maintenance of progress notes and report writing
Skills & Experience
- Certificate 4 in Community Services, Youth Work or similar
- Completion of the following 4 units: Work effectively in trauma informed care; Provide primary residential care; Facilitate responsible behaviour and Work with children and young people with complex trauma and attachment issues and needs – Advantageous
- A current Senior First Aid Certificate
- A current unrestricted Australian Driver Licence
- Ability to work various shifts (sleepover & active nights) throughout the week
- Prior knowledge and/or experience working with young people
- Prior knowledge and/or experience working with young people with a disability.
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check and Working with Children Check (where relevant to the role).
- Work for one of Australia's largest social purpose organisations
- Life Without Barriers offers ongoing training, support and career advancement opportunities
- Flexible working hours
How to apply
Click ‘Apply’ and follow the prompts. For any enquiries including persons with disability that require adjustments, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call Tracy Donnarumma 0408 388959
Applications close at midnight on 30th October
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend