People & Culture Workplace Investigator. Permanent Full Time - Brisbane
Job no: 497353
Employment type: Full Time
Location: Brisbane, Logan
Categories: Human Resources
About the Organisation
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose, not for profit organisation of 8,000 employees working in more than 500 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people and people seeking refugee status and asylum in Australia
Make a real difference in the lives of people across Australia with this unique opportunity to provide both corporate expertise and community support. With a focus on people, not profit, Life Without Barriers’ corporate services team partners with our essential workforce and the people we support to deliver to our purpose of partnering to change lives for the better. It is a truly inclusive, collaborative, and fast-paced work environment not to be missed.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of the communities in which we live and work to ensure we can support each persons individual needs and wants. We particularly encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.
About the role
Joining our in-house Employee Relations team, you will conduct high quality, timely and fair investigations into workplace matters. Joining our in-house Employee Relations team of six strong that are based in Newcastle, this is a permanent full-time opportunity that can be located from any of our Brisbane offices (Milton or Shailer Park) with flexibility to work from home.
- Ensure all investigations are conducted to the highest quality standard in line with legislation, policies and procedures ensuring procedural fairness and natural justice
- Prepare for and conduct interviews with relevant parties
- Seek, analyse and review evidence, information and documents provided as part of investigation process
- Provide recommendations on appropriate activities to aid resolution
- Document process, allegations, findings, evidence and other critical information into a Workplace Investigation Report
Skills & Experience
- Relevant tertiary qualification
- Demonstrated experience in Human Resources or Employee Relations conducting high quality, sensitive and complex workplace investigations
- Strong experience writing reports, recommendations, preparing correspondence and other documents for senior stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to apply legislative, policy and procedural requirements to ensure compliance and minimise risk
- High level analytical ability, with ability to ask probing questions
- Strong ability to use discretion and judgement to resolve issues independently
- The ability to influence and work collaboratively with a range of stakeholders internally and externally
- Experience working in a fluid and changing environment
- Current driver’s licence - as this role will be conducting face to face investigations, travel will be required.
- Newly created team – rare opportunity to join an inhouse ER team
- Opportunity to make an impact in a sector that does work that matters
- Monthly rostered days off
- Ongoing training including Trauma Informed Practice
- Join one of Australia’s largest and leading social-purpose organisations
- Excellent salary packaging benefits through Maxxia
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check.
How to Apply
Include your resume and covering letter in one document, click ‘Apply’ and follow the prompts. For any enquiries including persons with disability that require adjustments, contact Mikaella Latimore at email@example.com
Applications close at midnight AEDT 24 October 2021.
We are dedicated to playing our part to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and bring continuity of care and support to our clients. With this in mind, if you are successful, we will discuss with you an alternative to a face to face interview. Please be aware that if successful, it will be a condition of your employment to disclose your Covid-19 vaccination status to Life Without Barriers.
Life Without Barriers supports the Royal Commission into violence, abuse, neglect and exploitation of people with disability. We believe people with disability need to be heard and for these experiences to influence how support services like ours are delivered. View our statement https://bit.ly/2GzZGWA.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend