People & Culture Workplace Investigations Lead. Permanent Full Time - Newcastle or Sydney
Job no: 497352
Employment type: Full Time
Location: Newcastle, Maitland & Hunter, Sydney
Categories: Human Resources
About the Organisation
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose, not for profit organisation of 8,000 employees working in more than 500 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people and people seeking refugee status and asylum in Australia
Make a real difference in the lives of people across Australia with this unique opportunity to provide both corporate expertise and community support. With a focus on people, not profit, Life Without Barriers’ corporate services team partners with our essential workforce and the people we support to deliver to our purpose of partnering to change lives for the better. It is a truly inclusive, collaborative, and fast-paced work environment not to be missed.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of the communities in which we live and work to ensure we can support each persons individual needs and wants. We particularly encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.
About the role
Joining our in-house Employee Relations team you will conduct high quality, timely and fair investigations into workplace matters. This is a permanent full-time opportunity that can be located from either Newcastle or Sydney with flexibility to work from home.
- Lead the Workplace Investigations Team (2 Investigators) to conduct high quality investigations
- Conduct high quality investigations on complex cases
- Guide and critically assess the execution and efficacy of the Workplace Investigations Team
- Build and maintain effective relationships with the national People & Culture team, National Reportable Allegations Investigation team, Employee Relations Legal team and other key stakeholders
- Prepare for and provide accurate and timely briefings and information to internal and external sources (such as lawyers, or police) as required
Skills & Experience
- Relevant tertiary qualification
- Demonstrated experience and skills in conducting high quality, sensitive and complex workplace investigations with children, adults and vulnerable persons
- Demonstrated commitment to process improvement that align with the organisations strategy and outcomes for clients
- Experience in coaching and supervising the work of a team
- Strong experience writing reports, recommendations, preparing correspondence and other documents for senior stakeholders
- Ability to use initiative and think laterally and strategically, to meet deadlines and produce quality work under pressure
- The ability to influence and work collaboratively with a range of stakeholders internally and externally
- Experience working in a fluid and changing environment
- Current driver’s licence
- Newly created team – rare opportunity to join an inhouse ER team
- Opportunity to make an impact in a sector that does work that matters
- Monthly rostered days off
- Join one of Australia’s largest and leading social-purpose organisations
- Excellent salary packaging benefits through Maxxia
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check.
How to Apply
Include your resume and covering letter in one document, click ‘Apply’ and follow the prompts. For any enquiries including persons with disability that require adjustments, contact Mikaella Latimore at email@example.com
Applications close at midnight AEDT 24 October 2021.
We are dedicated to playing our part to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and bring continuity of care and support to our clients. With this in mind, if you are successful, we will discuss with you an alternative to a face to face interview. Please be aware that if successful, it will be a condition of your employment to disclose your Covid-19 vaccination status to Life Without Barriers.
Life Without Barriers supports the Royal Commission into violence, abuse, neglect and exploitation of people with disability. We believe people with disability need to be heard and for these experiences to influence how support services like ours are delivered. View our statement https://bit.ly/2GzZGWA.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend