Senior People & Culture Advisor – COVID Response Unit. Permanent Full Time - Flexible Location
Job no: 497336
Employment type: Full Time
Location: Newcastle, Maitland & Hunter, Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne
Categories: Human Resources
About the Organisation
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose, not for profit organisation of 8,000 employees working in more than 500 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless and refugees and asylum seekers.
Make a real difference in the lives of vulnerable Australians with this unique opportunity to provide both corporate expertise and community support. With a focus on people, not profit, Life Without Barriers’ corporate services team partners with our direct support staff, clients, and their families to ensure we continue our mission to change lives for the better. If a truly inclusive, collaborative, and fast-paced work environment sounds like your next career move, this is an opening not to be missed.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.
About the role
Additional role to our COVID Response Unit (CRU) to provide People and Culture (P&C) policy and process advice and services to COVID related issues and in particular to support workforce management issues arising from positive or close contact cases. Permanent full time opportunity that can be located from any one of our offices nationally with flexibility to work from home.
- Partner with the P&C CRU Lead to deliver CRU priorities as they evolve and change
- Identify employment relations risks and issues, proactively managing risks and escalating matters as required
- Central point of coordination for case management of employees breaching COVID safety protocols and procedures
- Attend Case Conferences as the P&C representative, ensuring all employment relations and workforce issues are understood and identified
- Action contact tracing, engaging with P&C local teams or taking direct responsibility as required
- Interpret rosters, engage with local operational leaders directly or via P&C local teams to ensure roster coverage
- Lead and/or coordinate communications with impacted employees as needed
- Actively build relationships across the CRU to support other functional areas such as HSE, Logistics, Call Centre to ensure actions from Case Conferences are delivered quickly
Skills & Experience
- Tertiary level qualifications in Human Resources or relevant discipline
- Experience in an HR/People & Culture role in an operational environment
- Employment relations case management, including experience in supporting leaders to manage disciplinary or performance management process for operational employees
- Experience advising (including interpreting) on People & Culture policies and procedures to management and employees at various levels
- Comfortable with ambiguity with a strong learning agility
- Business acumen to enable the ability to scan environment and anticipate issues relevant to P&C
- The ability to influence and work collaboratively with a range of stakeholders
- Experience working in a fluid and changing environment
- Participate in an on call roster as required
- Monthly rostered day off
- Join one of Australia’s largest and leading social-purpose organisations
- Excellent salary packaging benefits through Maxxia
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check.
How to Apply
Include your resume and covering letter in one document, click ‘Apply’ and follow the prompts. For any enquiries including persons with disability that require adjustments, contact Mikaella Latimore at email@example.com
Applications close at midnight AEDT 24 October 2021.
We are dedicated to playing our part to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and bring continuity of care and support to our clients. With this in mind, if you are successful, we will discuss with you an alternative to a face to face interview.
Life Without Barriers supports the Royal Commission into violence, abuse, neglect and exploitation of people with disability. We believe people with disability need to be heard and for these experiences to influence how support services like ours are delivered. View our statement https://bit.ly/2GzZGWA.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend