Senior Behaviour Support Practitioner. Permanent Full Time – SA or WA
Job no: 497328
Employment type: Full Time
Location: Adelaide, Perth
About the Organisation
Empowering people with disability to live life the way they choose is at the heart of how Life Without Barriers has operated for over 25 years. This is an exciting opportunity to join our team and continue this mission. Support people with disability to have the choice, control, and independence to live their best life. If you’re passionate about inclusivity, respect, and making a meaningful difference, this is the career move for you.
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose organisation of 8,000 employees working in more than 500 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless and refugees and asylum seekers. Join a community of people dedicated to breaking down barriers.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply
About the role
As an NDIS Registered Behaviour Support Practitioner you will demonstrate leadership in the implementation of positive behaviour support and safeguarding legislation; client and family engagement; reflective practice; data driven evidenced based practice and providing direct supervision for behaviour support related activities. This is a permanent full time position where you can be based anywhere in South Australia or Western Australia.
- Manage a team of Behaviour Support Practitioners
- Work in partnership with teams to implement, monitor, review and promote best practice in service delivery
- Provide specialist behavioural intervention support and best practice in the implementation of restricted practice as part of a multi-disciplinary team working in complex contexts
- Support and provide practice guidance, training and coaching to frontline staff and managers
- Collaborate with all relevant stakeholders e.g. Client, family members and other informal support persons, support staff, Occupational Therapists, Speech Therapists, Psychologists, other support providers
- Oversee the development and evaluate the quality of behaviour support plans
- Lead evidence informed practice and complete research projects to improve practice across the services.
- Complete analysis of data and provide written reports for both internal and external stakeholders, including restrictive practice reporting
- Provide strategic risk management advice on emerging changes within the NDIS environment
Skills & Experience
- Tertiary qualifications in allied health professions such as Psychology, Disability and Developmental Education, Speech Pathology, Occupational Therapy, Social Work, BCBA or other health profession with a professional registration requirement in the relevant profession
- Current Registration with the NDIS Commission as a Behaviour Support Practitioner
- Current driver’s license
- Experience managing a team of Practitioners
- Significant experience in completing functional behavioural assessments and developing behaviour support plans
- Demonstrated ability to influence and work collaboratively with a range of stakeholders
- Demonstrated working knowledge of the reporting requirements of relevant legislation in particular in relation to restrictive practices
- Demonstrated working knowledge of the safeguarding requirements of the National Disability Insurance agency
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check and Working with Children Check (where relevant to the role).
How to Apply
Include your resume and covering letter in one document, click ‘Apply’ and follow the prompts. For any enquiries including persons with disability that require adjustments, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close at midnight on Sunday 24th October, 2021.
We are dedicated to playing our part to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and bring continuity of care and support to our clients. With this in mind, if you are successful, we will discuss with you an alternative to a face to face interview.
Life Without Barriers supports the Royal Commission into violence, abuse, neglect and exploitation of people with disability. We believe people with disability need to be heard and for these experiences to influence how support services like ours are delivered. View our statement here (https://bit.ly/2GzZGWA)
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend