Empowering people with disability to live life the way they choose is at the heart of how Life Without Barriers has operated for over 25 years. This is an exciting opportunity to join our team and continue this mission. Support people with disability to have the choice, control, and independence to live their best life. If you’re passionate about inclusivity, respect, and making a meaningful difference, this is the career move for you.
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose organisation of 8,000 employees working in more than 500 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless and refugees and asylum seekers. Join a community of people dedicated to breaking down barriers.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply
As an Advanced Disability Support Officer in this residential home in Moorabbin you will be responsible for 2IC support to the House Supervisor by providing leadership and guidance to staff and direct client support to a client group. The successful applicant will need to be actively involved within the house due to the many activities the clients are involved in.
You will be responsible for providing support with activities of daily living and developing, implementing, and monitoring Individual Plan’s including personal care. In this role you will work to facilitate the delivery of quality services and achieve positive outcomes with and for the clients within the house. Experience managing epilepsy and behaviours of concern is essential.
This is a part-time ongoing position, the roster details outlined as fortnightly hours is detailed below:
- Fortnight 1: 69 hours
- Fortnight 2: 69 hours
This roster contains a combination of day and afternoon shifts per month
Please note: A more detailed roster can be provided upon request.
- Contribute to the day-to-day running of the house
- Develop planned activities in line with policies and guidelines
- Liaise with family members, medical services, departmental services, and external services to help meet client needs
- Administer medication treatments and therapies according to prescribed protocols or otherwise, seek appropriate medical assistance
- Implement development programs and identify and support learning opportunities
Essential Skills & Experience
- Advanced Diploma in Community Sector Management or equivalent Disability related qualification - candidates currently studying for this qualification may be considered depending upon experience.
- Demonstrated experience as a senior disability support worker supporting clients within a residential setting
- A current Senior First Aid (level 2) Certificate
- A current unrestricted Victorian Drivers Licence
- A commitment to supporting and promoting the individual needs, skills, abilities and personal goals of people with disabilities
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check and NDIS Workers screening check.
In accordance with the Victorian Public Health Order, mandatory vaccination may be required for this position. Where applicable, evidence will be requested at probity check stage.
- Work for one of Australia’s largest social purpose organisations
- Life Without Barriers offers ongoing training, support, and career advancement opportunities
- Great opportunity to establish a career within a stable, growing and well recognised, forward thinking, services provider – with a healthy remuneration package including Salary Sacrificing Benefits.
How to Apply
Include your resume and covering letter in one document, click ‘Apply’ and follow the prompts. For any general enquiries (not applications) including a request to review the specific roster line before applying or persons with disability that require adjustments please contact email@example.com
If you aren't sure if you have the right experience, please reach out to discuss your background.
Applications close at midnight Friday 29th October 2021
Life Without Barriers supports the Royal Commission into violence, abuse, neglect and exploitation of people with disability. We believe people with disability need to be heard and for these experiences to influence how support services like ours are delivered. View our statement here (https://bit.ly/2GzZGWA)
If you are Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander, we welcome your application and have supports for you should you require them. Our Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander State Lead is available for any questions you may have on William.Gray@lwb.org.au. Please note: This email address is purely for cultural support and not recruitment enquiries. Please submit any enquiries you have regarding your application to the relevant recruitment advisor.
Life Without Barriers supports calls for disability Royal Commission | Life Without Barriers (lwb.org.au)