Home Care Worker - Level 2 (Aged Care). Part Time & Casual - Canberra
Job no: 497289
Employment type: Part Time
Categories: Aged Care
About the Organisation
Enhance the lives of older Australians by joining the Life Without Barriers team. Guided by every client’s individual needs and interests, our personalised in-home Aged Care services focus on empowering every person to maintain their home comforts, health, and connections within their community.
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose, not for profit organisation of 8,000 employees working in more than 500 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people, and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless, refugees and asylum seekers.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.
About the Role
As a Home Care Worker (Level 2) within our community based Aged Care team, you will be providing a range of supports to aged clients living in their in their own home, supporting them to continue to live independently. You duties will include (but are not limited to)
- Undertake personal care and daily hygiene duties such as showering, grooming and meal preparation as well as domestic duties such as cleaning and washing
- Assist with the administration of approved medications
- Implement tasks and routines outlined by an approved medical professional
- Support clients in attending appointments and social activities within the community
- Maintain and monitor a client’s health and behaviour changes on an ongoing basis
- Build rapport and collaborate effectively with clients to establish positive relationships
As part of this role, you will be required to travel to multiple clients locations throughout the Canberra region so it is essential that you hold a current Australian Drivers Licence & have access to a reliable vehicle that you can use for work purposes. You must be available to work a minimum of 3 days per week, with most shifts occurring between the hours of 7am – 8pm Monday to Friday.
If you have recently completed a qualification in Individual Support, Aged Care or similar AND/OR have relevant experience and are looking for a new opportunity where you can give back to others, this could be the perfect opportunity for you!
Skills & Experience
- Certificate III in Individual Support, Aged Care, Nursing or a minimum of 12 months experience in a similar position
- A current First Aid & CPR Certificate/s
- An unrestricted Australian Driver’s Licence
- Excellent organisational skills, hygiene practices and problem-solving abilities
- Strong communication skills with the ability to build and maintain positive relationships
Successful candidates will be required to clear relevant state-based probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check and the ACT Working With Vulnerable People Card.
- Meaningful work opportunity at one of Australia's leading Social Purpose Organisations
- Claim up to $15,900 in Salary Packaging Benefits and Car Leasing options through Maxxia
- On-going career, training and development opportunities
How to Apply
Include your resume and covering letter in one document, click ‘Apply’ and follow the prompts. For any enquiries including persons with disability that require adjustments, contact Kristy Crowe at email@example.com
We are dedicated to playing our part to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and bring continuity of care and support to our clients. With this in mind, if you are successful, we will discuss with you an alternative to a face to face interview.
Applications close at midnight on Sunday 24th October 2021
Life Without Barriers supports the Royal Commission into violence, abuse, neglect and exploitation of people with disability. We believe people with disability need to be heard and for these experiences to influence how support services like ours are delivered. View our statement here (https://bit.ly/2GzZGWA)
Advertised: Cen. Australia Daylight Time
Applications close: Cen. Australia Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend