Team Leader, Mental Health
Job no: 497270
Employment type: Full Time
Categories: Disability, Mental Health
- Work for one of Australia's largest Social Purpose organisations
- Generous Salary Packaging Options available
- Part Time (0.5 FTE) on 12-month contract, Adelaide metro region.
About the Organisation
Almost half of Australian adults will experience a mental health illness at some point in their life. You can make a meaningful difference to the Australian community by joining the Life Without Barriers team. Our mental health teams provide client-led, recovery-orientated mental health support, creating positive change in such a vital industry.
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose, not for profit organisation of 8,000 employees working in more than 500 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people, and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless and refugees and asylum seekers.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.
About the Role
We are looking for an experienced Team Leader for our Mental Health Program based in Adelaide Metro. We provide community-based group and 1:1 lifestyle/home-based support to a large number of clients in the Adelaide metro, Fleurieu and Kangaroo Island, Adelaide Hills, and Northern Adelaide areas.
Lead your team to deliver high quality client centred recovery focused supports, collaborating with other leaders and internal stakeholders to ensure smooth daily operations. You will be responsible in leading and motivating a cohort of up to 10 community-based recovery support workers.
We are looking for someone with strong experience in the Disability or Mental Health sectors and a strong understanding of the principles and services available.
- Develop, lead, motivate and manage a team of community-based recovery-focused support workers
- Ensure development, implementation, and monitoring of relevant individual support/care plans in collaboration with clients and or their support networks
- Ensure direct support is delivered, as far as possible, by a support worker who best matches the client in terms of skills and interests
- Model appropriate conflict resolution, communication, and positive behaviour management skills, point of escalation and adjudication where relevant for client and direct staff feedback
- Communicate and act in ways that are consistent with Life Without Barriers values: Responsive, Imaginative, Courageous, Respectful, and Relationships
- Ensure contractual obligations are met and all reporting is completed accurately and on time with relevant funding bodies
- Provide practice leadership across direct reports and the Mental Health team in collaboration with peers and Leadership
Skills & Experience
- Diploma in Community Services, Disability, Mental Health or related discipline
- Demonstrated experience leading teams and supporting client focused practice
- Demonstrated experience managing contracted KPIs and preparing written reports
- Demonstrated ability to contribute to strategic thinking, achieve results and communicate with influence
- An unrestricted Australian Driver’s Licence and reliable motor vehicle
Successful candidates will be required to clear relevant state-based probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check and the SA Working with Children Check.
- Diverse and inclusive, values-based organisation
- Competitive salary plus superannuation
- Salary Packaging Benefits and Car Leasing options through Maxxia
- Free mental health support to employees and family members through EAP
- Partner and collaborate with industry leaders across Disability/Mental Health and grow your skillset
How to apply
Include your resume and covering letter in one document, click ‘Apply’ and follow the prompts.
For any enquiries including persons with disability that require adjustments, contact email@example.com with in the header ‘Team Leader Adelaide’
Applications close at midnight on 24 October 2021
We are dedicated to playing our part to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and bring continuity of care and support to our clients. With this in mind, if you are successful, we will discuss with you an alternative to a face-to-face interview.
Advertised: Cen. Australia Daylight Time
Applications close: Cen. Australia Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend