House Manager (Intensive Therapeutic Care). Permanent Full Time – Bradbury
Job no: 497203
Employment type: Full Time
Categories: Child, Youth & Family
About the Organisation
Every day, Life Without Barriers provides support and care to children and young people, as we work collaboratively with families, carers, and communities, to ensure they have the environment they deserve to grow. With a focus on ensuring safety and respect, this is an opportunity to make a positive and meaningful difference in these young lives and help pave a brighter future.
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose organisation of 8,000 employees working in more than 500 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless and refugees and asylum seekers. Join a community of people dedicated to breaking down barriers.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.
About the role
As a Home Manager for our Intensive Therapeutic Care – Significant Disability (ITC SD) team in Bradbury, you will be responsible for leading, motivating and mentoring a team of therapeutic care workers in providing trauma informed care and support to children. The house in Bradbury has a sibling group of 4, aged between 8years-12years, and these children have some form of intellectual disability. You will help the children to succeed in life and improve their daily living. You will be required to work on the floor and complete some day shifts as well as managing the team.
- Be actively present in the home environment, providing role modelling to staff
- Oversee and participate in the planning and implementation of therapeutic care plans
- Mange, support and provide reflective supervision to your team
- Model and support staff in applying the Therapeutic Crisis Intervention (TCI) system
- Manage home in accordance with the CARE model, legislation, relevant standards, LWB policies and procedures and funding body requirements
- Provide an environment free of abuse, harm and exploitation for people we support
Skills, Experience & Requirements
- A relevant bachelor’s degree (or relevant diploma currently working towards a bachelor)
- Previous management or leadership experience
- Experience working with children and young people in an OOHC or ITC setting
- Experience in the co-ordination of a 24-hour residential services for vulnerable people
- Current First Aid Certificate
- An unrestricted NSW driver’s licence
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check and Working with Children Check.
- Permanent, full time role in a leading social purpose organisation
- Up to $15,900 of your annual salary tax free through salary packaging benefits
- Monthly rostered days off (think 12 extra-long weekends per year!)
- Access to discounts and benefits at selected retail outlets such as department stores, attractions, travel, cinemas, restaurants and MORE
How to Apply
Include your resume and covering letter in one document, click ‘Apply’ and follow the prompts. For any enquiries including persons with disability that require adjustments, contact Emma Kennedy at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are dedicated to playing our part to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and bring continuity of care and support to our clients. With this in mind, if you are successful, we will discuss with you an alternative to a face to face interview.
Applications close at midnight on Sunday 24th October 2021
Life Without Barriers supports the Royal Commission into violence, abuse, neglect and exploitation of people with disability. We believe people with disability need to be heard and for these experiences to influence how support services like ours are delivered. View our statement here (https://bit.ly/2GzZGWA)
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend