Case Manager - Family Based Care. Permanent, Part Time- Tamworth
Job no: 497186
Employment type: Full Time
Location: Tamworth & North West NSW
Categories: Child, Youth & Family
About the Organisation
Every day, Life Without Barriers provides support and care to children and young people, as we work collaboratively with families, carers, and communities, to ensure they have the environment they deserve to grow. With a focus on ensuring safety and respect, this is an opportunity to make a positive and meaningful difference in these young lives and help pave a brighter future.
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose organisation of 8,000 employees working in more than 500 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless and refugees and asylum seekers. Join a community of people dedicated to breaking down barriers.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.
About the role
As a Case Manager in Family Based Care you will develop and implement case plans for children and young people in care. This is a permanent, part-time role 3 days per week, based out of our Tamworth Office. You will be managing a case load across Tamworth, Gunnedah, Armidale, Narrabri and further south to Singelton in the upper hunter. Working closely with young people, carers and their families, you will progress plans for permanency as agreed in the case plans.
- Develop and implement high quality case plans or individual plans for children and young people in LWB's care
- Develop and maintain functional and supportive relationships with children and young people in family based care as well as their families in order to reach positive outcomes
- Support and monitor placements and ensure carers participate in the case planning process and assist them to implement the strategies outlined in the case plan
- Meet with clients and family members to gather input for case plans and ensure their views are represented
- Participate in on call roster as required
- Ensure compliance with all internal policy and procedure, statutory and contractual requirements in relation to management of service delivery
Skills & Experience
- Relevant Bachelors degree in Social Work, Social Welfare, Psychology, Nursing or Mental health
- Demonstrated experience in case planning with children and young people
- Experience working autonomously in implementing therapeutic case plans for multiple clients simultaneously
- Current NSW driver's licence
- Car for work and personal use
- On-going training and development opportunities
- Opportunity to work for one of Australia’s largest social purpose organisations
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check and Working with Children Check (where relevant to the role).
How to Apply
Include your resume and covering letter in one document, click ‘Apply’ and follow the prompts. For any enquiries including persons with disability that require adjustments, contact Emma Kennedy at email@example.com
Applications close at midnight on Sunday 24th October 2021
We are dedicated to playing our part to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and bring continuity of care and support to our clients. With this in mind, if you are successful, we will discuss with you an alternative to a face to face interview.
Life Without Barriers supports the Royal Commission into violence, abuse, neglect and exploitation of people with disability. We believe people with disability need to be heard and for these experiences to influence how support services like ours are delivered. View our statement here (https://bit.ly/2GzZGWA)
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend