Disability Support Worker. Permanent Part Time & Casual - Albury
Job no: 497074
Employment type: Casual, Part Time
Location: Albury Wodonga & Murray
About the Organisation
Empowering people with disability to live life the way they choose is at the heart of how Life Without Barriers has operated for over 25 years. This is an exciting opportunity to join our team and continue this mission. Support people with disability to have the choice, control, and independence to live their best life. If you’re passionate about inclusivity, respect, and making a meaningful difference, this is the career move for you.
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose, not for profit organisation of 7000 employees working in more than 440 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless and refugees and asylum seekers.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.
About the role
In these roles, you will be required to actively support our clients to live independently through the provision of daily living support (including personal care), domestic duties, mentorship, assistance with medications and support to achieve their individual goals.
Successful candidates will be able to demonstrate previous experience supporting clients with disability, including those with complex behaviours and health needs.
Please note: To be considered for these roles, you must be available and willing to work a varied pattern of shifts across a regular 24/7 roster (including short shifts, night shifts, weekends and public holidays) due to the support needs of our clients.
- Follow individual support plans, behaviour support plans and health care plans
- Participate in community activities within a Supported Independent Living environment
- Maintain and monitor a client’s support plan whilst modelling a person-centred approach at all times
- Identify and support a range of learning opportunities for our clients
- Track and document an individual’s progress through detailed note keeping
Skills & Experience
- Previous experience supporting People with Disability, behaviours of concern/or mental health
- Current NSW Drivers Licence
- Current First Aid Certificate (HLATAID003 or HLTAID011)
- Demonstrated commitment to supporting and engaging with low and high support clients
- Proven success managing and monitoring challenging behaviours
- Strong communication skills with the ability to build and maintain positive relationships
- An opportunity to start a rewarding career with one of Australia's leading social purpose organisations
- Access to Salary Packaging benefits and claim up to $15,900 in tax free earnings
- On-going training opportunities and a supportive team environment
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check, NDIS Working screening check & Working with Children Check (where relevant to the role).
How to Apply
Include your resume and covering letter in one document, click ‘Apply’ and follow the prompts. For any enquiries including persons with disability that require adjustments, contact Kristy Crowe at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are dedicated to playing our part to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and bring continuity of care and support to our clients. With this in mind, if you are successful, we will discuss with you an alternative to a face to face interview.
Applications close at midnight on Sunday 24th October 2021
Life Without Barriers supports the Royal Commission into violence, abuse, neglect and exploitation of people with disability. We believe people with disability need to be heard and for these experiences to influence how support services like ours are delivered. View our statement here (https://bit.ly/2GzZGWA)
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend