School Leaver Employment Support Coach - Youth Disability Services
Job no: 496984
Employment type: Full Time
School Leavers Employment Support Coach
- Work for a leading Disability Services Provider
- Two permanent full time roles available
- Based from our Leederville offices and supporting clients across Perth metro
About the Organisation
Empowering people with disability to live life the way they choose is at the heart of how Life Without Barriers has operated for over 25 years. This is an exciting opportunity to join our team and continue this mission. Support people with disability to have the choice, control, and independence to live their best life. If you’re passionate about inclusivity, respect, and making a meaningful difference, this is the career move for you.
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose organisation of 8,000 employees working in more than 500 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless and refugees and asylum seekers. Join a community of people dedicated to breaking down barriers.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.
About the role
Life Without Barriers is delivering an exciting new service assisting young people with a disability to develop their confidence, work aspirations and work readiness after leaving school. Based on each person’s individual preferences, needs, interests and personal and economic goals, our School Leaver Employment (SLES) Coaches will develop tailored support plans to our young clients helping them on their journey into employment.
We are looking for two Coaches to join the SLES team. Both roles will be based in our Leederville office and travel to meet clients and stakeholders in your service area will be required.
- Assess the young person’s skills and capabilities and work with them to develop their Individual Employment Support Plan
- Deliver individual and tailored support to clients as per their Service Agreement and Individual Employment Support Plan
- Hold community engagement activities with key stakeholder groups to develop awareness, facilitate enquiries and referrals into SLES.
- Increase the client’s work readiness and aspirations through capacity building, skill acquisition, work experience and supported decision making.
- Conduct regular case conferencing with Job Life Employment Consultants and other providers to ensure open communication is maintained on the pipeline of SLES clients transitioning into DES
- Build positive relationships by working directly with stakeholders, including families, guardians, schools, employers, education providers and mainstream services to enhance opportunities for clients in their communities
- Identify opportunities for our clients through building networks with potential employers
- Deliver services in accordance with the Life Without Barriers Person Centred Practice Approach.
- Comply with the NDIS Practice Standards and NDIS Commission Code of Conduct and other relevant program/funding requirements including NDIS mandated training
- Keep accurate and timely reports and ensure the CIRTS database is up to date with all client information
Skills & Experience
- Certificate IV in relevant Social & Community Services qualification (preferred)
- Current Drivers Licence (mandatory)
- Demonstrated case management experience
- Experience working with young people at school leaving age
- Experience working in the disability sector
- A professional and positive outlook about supporting people with disabilities and commitment to supporting and promoting the individual needs, skills, abilities and both personal and employment goals of people with disability.
- Demonstrated experience in developing relationships and opportunities through community engagement and partnerships.
- Commitment to the values of dignity, respect, inclusion, empowerment, confidentiality and strengths-based practice.
- Demonstrated experience in managing competing priorities and to deliver high quality outcomes within agreed timeframes.
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check and complete the NDIS Worker Orientation module and NDIS Worker Screening Clearance.
Please note: Mandatory COVID-19 vaccinations may be required for this position, in accordance with relevant Public Health Orders across all States and Territories. In these circumstances, evidence of vaccination will be required prior to an offer of employment.
- Opportunity to work for one of Australia’s largest social purpose organisations
- Career Development
- Salary Sacrifice Tax Benefits
How to Apply
Include your resume and covering letter in one document, click ‘Apply’ and follow the prompts. For any enquiries including persons with disability that require adjustments, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close Sunday 5th of December
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend