Program Coordinator Aged Care. Full time, 5 months max term - Cairns
Job no: 496941
Employment type: Full Time
Location: Cairns & Far North
Categories: Aged Care
Enhance the lives of older Australians by joining the Life Without Barriers team. Guided by every client’s individual needs and interests, our personalised in-home Aged Care services focus on empowering every person to maintain their home comforts, health, and connections within their community.
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose organisation of 8,000 employees working in more than 500 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless and refugees and asylum seekers. Join a community of people dedicated to breaking down barriers.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.
About the Role
As the Program Coordinator for the Aged Care Program you will be responsible for the coordination and leadership of Life Without Barriers programs by reviewing, developing, implementing and monitoring efficient and effective operating and administrative systems. The program currently supports 300+ clients across the Cairns region.
The successful incumbent for this position will need to have experience in the industry and knowledge across Aged Care, HCP & CHSPs. You will play an integral part in the development and growth of our programs whilst further developing your teams in this area.
- Provide services in accordance with funding agency standards and agreements.
- Represent the organisation and maintain harmony within the managed services.
- Develop and implement client goal support plans
- Onboarding of clients referred to the program and assess eligibility
- Perform quarterly reviews of client documentation including goal support plans and safety assessments
- Manage client funding packages
- Assess client purchases from funding packages
- Manage, maintain and adjust client rosters where necessary – a roster officer supports the program
- Keeping client files up to date, case noting and reports.
- Ensure a consistent standard of quality practice.
- Work closely with the Program Manager, aiding when required.
- Complete reports and other administration duties as required.
- Provide supervision to your team/s, facilitate Team Meetings on a regular basis, facilitate and arrange required training.
- Develop and maintain functional and supportive relationships with clients in order to promote positive outcomes.
- Develop and maintain relationships with all stakeholders, including clients’ families and Guardians.
- Manage communication with key stakeholders, internally and externally.
Skills & Experience
- Tertiary qualifications in the disability or aged care field and/or relevant experience.
- Demonstrated experience in the Disability, Aged Care or health related fields with significant coordination experience.
- Demonstrated experience of working in a leadership/management role in a human services organisation.
- Demonstrated ability to work with individuals, families and/or groups from a strength-based culturally appropriate perspective.
- Ability to develop and maintain positive relationships with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Sound project management experience including strategic analytical thinking, planning and delivering.
- High level communication, influencing, liaison and negotiation skills and established problem solving and conflict management skills.
- A current unrestricted Driver Licence.
- Demonstrated capacity to work in a fast-paced environment dealing with complex and challenging situations
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check and complete a statutory declaration.
- Opportunity to work for one of Australia's largest social purpose organisations
- Attractive Remuneration Package with excellent tax benefits
- Fantastic career opportunities
How to Apply
Include your resume and covering letter in one document, click ‘Apply’ and follow the prompts. For any enquiries including persons with disability that require adjustments, contact email@example.com with the subject heading “Program Coordinator – Aged Care”.
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as applications may be reviewed prior to the closing date; and as such the closing date is subject to change without notice. Current application closing date is midnight 18th August 2021.
We are dedicated to playing our part to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and bring continuity of care and support to our clients. With this in mind, if you are successful, we may discuss with you an alternative to a face to face interview.
Life Without Barriers supports the Royal Commission into violence, abuse, neglect and exploitation of people with disability. We believe people with disability need to be heard and for these experiences to influence how support services like ours are delivered. View our statement (https://bit.ly/2GzZGWA)
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend