Senior Case Manager. Permanent Full Time - Gosford
Job no: 496939
Employment type: Full Time
Location: Gosford & Central Coast
Categories: Child, Youth & Family
About the Organisation
Every day, Life Without Barriers provides support and care to children and young people, as we work collaboratively with families, carers, and communities, to ensure they have the environment they deserve to grow. With a focus on ensuring safety and respect, this is an opportunity to make a positive and meaningful difference in these young lives and help pave a brighter future.
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose organisation of 8,000 employees working in more than 500 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless and refugees and asylum seekers. Join a community of people dedicated to breaking down barriers.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.
About the role
Provide coaching, mentoring and professional support to Case Managers to ensure that there is a key focus on delivering a highly quality service with positive outcomes for children, families and young people. Based out of our Gosford office in a permanent capacity, you will be required to travel across the central coast to manage your case load effectively.
- Provide case management to children, young people and their families with complex support needs
- Maximise identified permanency outcomes, including restoration, guardianship and adoption for children and young people
- Ensure that case work services and activities are evidence informed and operate consistently and ethically within the purpose and values of LWB and the CARE and TCI endorsed practice models
- Maintain superior knowledge and skills in relation to evidence informed practice to support children and young people and families with complex support needs
- Provide training, on-the-job coaching and mentoring to staff, to assist with skills development
Skills & Experience
- Tertiary level qualification in Social Work, Psychology or related field
- Extensive experience in the assessment, planning, delivery and evaluation of case management and client support services within out of home care
- Demonstrated experience in providing advice, support, mentoring and training to managers and staff
- Ability to lead and sustain evidence-based practice in supporting child, youth and families
- Experience in care and protection including working with children and families at risk
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check and Working with Children Check.
- Car for work and personal use
- Great tax benefits and monthly rostered days off
- On-going training and development opportunities
- Laptop and mobile phone
How to Apply
Include your resume and covering letter in one document, click ‘Apply’ and follow the prompts. For any enquiries including persons with disability that require adjustments, contact Emma Kennedy at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close at midnight on 1st August 2021
We are dedicated to playing our part to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and bring continuity of care and support to our clients. With this in mind, if you are successful, we will discuss with you an alternative to a face to face interview.
Life Without Barriers supports the Royal Commission into violence, abuse, neglect and exploitation of people with disability. We believe people with disability need to be heard and for these experiences to influence how support services like ours are delivered. View our statement here https://bit.ly/2GzZGWA
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend