Team Leader - Disability. Permanent Full Time - South Hurstville
Job no: 496938
Employment type: Full Time
About the Organisation
Empowering people with disability to live life the way they choose is at the heart of how Life Without Barriers has operated for over 25 years. This is an exciting opportunity to join our team and continue this mission. Support people with disability to have the choice, control, and independence to live their best life. If you’re passionate about inclusivity, respect, and making a meaningful difference, this is the career move for you.
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose, not for profit organisation of 8,000 employees working in more than 500 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people, and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless, refugees and asylum seekers.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.
About the Role
We are looking for an experienced industry leader to manage a team of Disability Support Workers in a group home in South Hurstville. In particular, we are interested in people who are passionate about providing person-centred care to our clients with high support needs. As an individual, you should be able to manage your time effectively, build strong and meaningful relationships with internal and external stakeholders and have an in-depth understanding of the National Disability Insurance Scheme.
- We are an organisation that champions diversity, inclusivity, and equality
- Non-profit salary packaging benefits with Maxxia and other employee discounts
- An additional 12 days of leave per year with our monthly opt-in Rostered Day Off benefits
- On-going training opportunities in a supportive and collaborative team environment
- Development and maintenance of positive relationships with all stakeholders, including families.
- Coordinate and/or oversee rostering and timesheet requirements according to individual support needs of client and service funding.
- Provide direct assistance and support to clients and supervision and support to direct reports.
- Build a positive team environment through the demonstration of good communication and interpersonal skills and appropriate peer support.
- Model appropriate conflict resolution, communication and positive behaviour management skills.
- Plan and facilitate regular and effective team meetings and professional development opportunities.
Skills & Experience
- A relevant Social & Community Services qualification as well as experience leading a team.
- Demonstrated experience delivering a service to people living with a disability.
- A First Aid Certificate which includes the course Provide First Aid and CPR.
- A current unrestricted NSW Drivers Licence
Successful candidates will be required to clear all state-based probity checks; including but not limited to a National Criminal History Record Check and NDIS Worker Screening Check.
How to Apply
Include your resume and covering letter in one document, click ‘Apply’ and follow the prompts. For any enquiries including persons with disability that require adjustments, contact Zali Kakko at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are dedicated to playing our part to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and bring continuity of care and support to our clients. With this in mind, if you are successful, we will discuss with you an alternative to a face to face interview.
Applications close at midnight on Sunday the 1st of August 2021 (AEST).
Life Without Barriers supports the Royal Commission into violence, abuse, neglect, and exploitation of people with disability. We believe people with disability need to be heard and for these experiences to influence how support services like ours are delivered. View our statement here https://bit.ly/2GzZGWA
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend