Disability Support Worker. Permanent, part time & Casual - Townsville
Job no: 496921
Employment type: Part Time
Location: Townsville & Northern QLD
- $29.12 p/h - $37.85p/hr + super + penalty rates
- Current First Aid Certificate or willingness to obtain one prior to commencement
- Current NDIS Worker Screening Check and Blue Card (Working With Children Card) or willingness to obtain one prior to commencement
- A current unrestricted Australian drivers’ licence and reliable vehicle required
Empowering people with disability to live life the way they choose is at the heart of how Life Without Barriers has operated for over 25 years. This is an exciting opportunity to join our team and continue this mission. Support people with disability to have the choice, control, and independence to live their best life. If you’re passionate about inclusivity, respect, and making a meaningful difference, this is the career move for you.
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose organisation of 8,000 employees working in more than 500 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless and refugees and asylum seekers. Join a community of people dedicated to breaking down barriers.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply
We provide 24/7 support to a lot of our clients and therefore the roster for this Permanent Part Time position may include sleepover shifts and occasional weekends. The successful incumbent for this position will be offered approximately 10-15 hours per week. We also have opportunities for Casual positions, flexible availability will be required.
- Assistance with daily living (including personal care)
- Community access and transport
- Maintain and monitor person-centred plans
- Following and adhering to Positive Behaviour Support plans and Restrictive Practices
- You will be supported by a team of experienced disability support workers, dedicated to improving our client’s quality of life and engagement in the community
- Follow person-centred support plans and Behaviour Support Plans Restrictive Practices respectfully
- Participate in community activities and encourage clients to perform daily living tasks
- Track and document an individual’s progress through thorough record keeping
- Build and maintain positive relationships with our clients and their families
Skills & Experience
- Unrestricted Australian Drivers Licence (essential)
- Certificate III Individual Support, Community Services or similar (desirable)
- Current Provide First Aid Certificate (or willingness to obtain)
- Excellent Customer Service skills
- Experience working with Complex Behaviours
- Passionate about delivering Person-Centred care
Critically, your experience supporting high needs customers with Positive Behaviour Support Plans and passion for providing Active Support will drive you to make a real difference to the lives of those we support.
Successful candidates will be required to clear the required state based probity checks including a National Criminal History Record Check, NDIS Workers Screening Check Working With Children Check (where relevant to the role).
- Opportunity to work for one of Australia’s largest social purpose organisations
- Permanent ongoing position
- Competitive hourly rate and salary packaging options
How to Apply
Include your resume and covering letter in one document, click ‘Apply’ and follow the prompts. For any enquiries including persons with disability that require adjustments, contact Caddy Neville at email@example.com.
We are dedicated to playing our part to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and bring continuity of care and support to our clients. With this in mind, if you are successful, we will discuss with you an alternative to a face to face interview.
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as applications are continuously reviewed prior to the closing date; and as such the closing date is subject to change without notice. Current application closing date is midnight Monday, 2nd August 2021.
Life Without Barriers supports the Royal Commission into violence, abuse, neglect and exploitation of people with disability. We believe people with disability need to be heard and for these experiences to influence how support services like ours are delivered. View our statement here (https://bit.ly/2GzZGWA)
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend