Senior Case Manager - Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander. Permanent Full Time - Hurstville
Job no: 496902
Employment type: Full Time
Categories: Child, Youth & Family
About the Organisation
We have a commitment to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people by hearing their voices and taking action in partnership with community direction. We are committed to supporting and increasing opportunity and improving outcomes for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander individuals, families, and communities. We value your cultural heritage and so do our clients. It is vital for our clients to be able to connect with our employees who actively support them and are connected to land and country.
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose organisation of 8,000 employees working in more than 500 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless and refugees and asylum seekers. Join a community of people dedicated to breaking down barriers.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.
About the role
Permanent full time position providing support, professional guidance and development of Case Managers that has a focus on delivering quality based services to achieve positive outcomes for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children, families and young people. In addition to mentoring a small team of Case Managers you will also carry a case load of young people across Greater Sydney.
- Complete assessment, planning, review and referral for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children and young people with complex support needs
- Manage the delivery of culturally appropriate case work services of the Family Based Care teams
- Maximise identified permanency outcomes, including restoration, guardianship and adoption for children and young people
- Ensure that case work services and activities are evidence informed and operate consistently and ethically within the purpose and values of LWB and the CARE and TCI endorsed practice models
- Maintain superior knowledge and skills in relation to evidence informed practice to support children and young people and families with complex support needs
- Provide training, on-the-job coaching and mentoring to staff, to assist with skills development
Skills & Experience
- Tertiary level qualification in Social Work, Psychology or related field
- Extensive experience in the assessment, planning, delivery and evaluation of case management and client support services within out of home care
- Be of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander decent
- Demonstrated experience in providing advice, support, mentoring and training to managers and staff
- Ability to lead and sustain evidence based practice in supporting child, youth and families
- The ability to influence and work collaboratively with a range of stakeholders
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check and Working with Children Check.
- Car for work and personal use
- Great tax benefits and monthly rostered days off
- On-going training and development opportunities
- Laptop and mobile phone
Please note the following:
- Life Without Barriers considers that being of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent is a genuine occupational requirement as outlined in section 25 of the Anti-Discrimination Act (1991) and permitted as a 'special measure' under section 8 of the Racial Discrimination Act 1975 (Cth) and by articles 1(4) and 2(2) of the International Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Racial Discrimination.
- You will be required to provide contact details for a cultural referee who can comment on your knowledge of issues impacting on Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and communities in contemporary society and your ability to communicate effectively and sensitively with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people. The cultural referee must identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander person.
- You may be requested to provide confirmation that you are Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander.
How to Apply
Include your resume and covering letter in one document, click ‘Apply’ and follow the prompts. For any enquiries including persons with disability that require adjustments, contact Emma Kennedy at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close at midnight on 1st August 2021
We are dedicated to playing our part to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and bring continuity of care and support to our clients. With this in mind, if you are successful, we will discuss with you an alternative to a face to face interview.
Life Without Barriers supports the Royal Commission into violence, abuse, neglect and exploitation of people with disability. We believe people with disability need to be heard and for these experiences to influence how support services like ours are delivered. View our statement here https://bit.ly/2GzZGWA
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend