Youth Worker - Intensive Foster Care. Part Time – Brisbane
Job no: 496898
Employment type: Casual
Categories: Child, Youth & Family
- Part-time positions | Working across Brisbane area (Chermside to Kenmore and in-between)
- Competitive hourly rate and access to salary packaging | Starting rate $32.54
- Hope & Healing bonus of $300 in recognition for completing all 10 modules prior to starting your first day
- Prior experience with Trauma based behaviours essential
About the Organisation
Every day, Life Without Barriers provides support and care to children and young people, as we work collaboratively with families, carers, and communities, to ensure they have the environment they deserve to grow. With a focus on ensuring safety and respect, this is an opportunity to make a positive and meaningful difference in these young lives and help pave a brighter future.
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose organisation of 8,000 employees working in more than 500 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless and refugees and asylum seekers. Join a community of people dedicated to breaking down barriers.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.
About the role
Working in line with the CARE model you will strive to enhance the lives of young people in our Child Youth & Family programs (foster & kinship care) incorporating a therapeutic, trauma informed approach.
Seeking experienced candidates to support young people that display complex and challenging behaviours as well as children with dual mental health and disability diagnosis.
You will be supporting young people with such things as school pick up, meal prep, community access, in-home support and working closely in line with their goals.
- Form and maintain professional, nurturing relationships with children and young people by building trust through visible interest and active engagement
- Act as an appropriate adult role model, seeking to engage young people in purposeful activities aimed at developing life skills and self-worth
- Support the involvement of family and where applicable, facilitate family visits/connection and the promotion of positive family relationships with children and young people, to suit individual needs
- Promote and encourage positive relationships with peers and other persons significant to the child/young person
- Assist the child/young person to participate as fully as possible in making decisions about the activities undertaken
Skills & Experience
- Either hold or be actively working towards a Certificate IV in Child, Youth and Family Intervention (Residential Care) or a recognised relevant qualification. please check the following site: https://peakcare.com.au/hopehealing/min-quals-res-care/
- Valid unrestricted Australian drivers’ licence.
- Reliable vehicle you are willing to use for transporting clients to and from appointments
- Valid First Aid Certificate and CPR Certification or willingness to obtain one
- Be willing to hold and maintain 3rd party insurance on the vehicle and ensure your vehicle is regularly serviced
- Complete Hope and Healing prior to starting ($300 in recognition for completing all 10 modules prior to starting your first day)
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check and Working with Children Check (where relevant to the role).
- Employee Assistance Program
- Opportunity to work for one of Australia’s largest social purpose organisations
- Ongoing training and development opportunities
- Salary packaging tax benefits, Meal & Entertainment benefit, novated leasing
- Travel club membership, discounted health insurance & discounted vehicle servicing to mention a few
- Flexible roster arrangements
How to Apply
Include your resume and covering letter in one document, click ‘Apply’ and follow the prompts. For any enquiries including persons with disability that require adjustments, contact email@example.com “YW IFC- Brisbane”
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as applications may be reviewed prior to the closing date; and as such the closing date is subject to change without notice. Current application closing date is the 4th August 2021
Life Without Barriers supports the Royal Commission into violence, abuse, neglect and exploitation of people with disability. We believe people with disability need to be heard and for these experiences to influence how support services like ours are delivered. View our statement here (https://bit.ly/2GzZGWA)
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend