Empowering people with disability to live life the way they choose is at the heart of how Life Without Barriers has operated for over 25 years. This is an exciting opportunity to join our team and continue this mission. Support people with disability to have the choice, control, and independence to live their best life. If you’re passionate about inclusivity, respect, and making a meaningful difference, this is the career move for you.
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose organisation of 8,000 employees working in more than 500 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless and refugees and asylum seekers. Join a community of people dedicated to breaking down barriers.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply
About the role
We are looking for a Disability Support Worker to join an established team in Eastern suburb of Box Hill South. You will be responsible for providing support with activities of daily living and developing, implementing and monitoring Individual Plan’s. You will also work to facilitate the delivery of quality services and achieve positive outcomes with clients. This role involves working with clients with both complex, and high medical needs and complex behaviours. This roster line is a combination of day and afternoon shifts, including the requirement to work 2 weekends per month.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Provide quality direct support to service users in line with their support needs, the program they are accessing, and all support plans including the service users Individual Plan.
- Increase the service users’ skills through independence, personal growth and development through the provision of active support and their enhanced participation as a valued member of their community.
- Implement development programs and identify and support learning opportunities for service users
- Assist in the delivery of programs that facilitate service users’ development of social networks and inclusion in community activities.
Skills & Experience
- Qualified in Disability Support - Certificate IV in Disability or equivalent
- A current Senior First Aid (level 2) Certificate.
- A current unrestricted Driver Licence.
- A commitment to supporting and promoting the individual needs, skills, abilities and personal goals of people with disabilities.
- The ability to develop a positive relationship with service users and to support their Individual Personal Plan.
In order to be compliant, successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including a National Criminal History Record Check , the NDIS workers screening and an International Criminal History Record Check; if you have resided for 12 months or more outside of Australia in the last 10 years. A Working with Children Check is also required (where relevant to the role) and a current Victorian Driver's Licence is essential.
- Work for one of Australia’s largest social purpose organisations
- Life Without Barriers offers ongoing training, support and career advancement opportunities
- Flexible working hours
- Great opportunity to establish a career within a stable, growing and well recognised, forward thinking, services provider with an excellent remuneration package including Salary Sacrificing Benefit
- Specific roster splits 71:30/57:00
How to Apply
Include your resume and covering letter in one document, click ‘Apply’ and follow the prompts. For any general enquiries (not applications) including a request to review the specific roster line before applying or persons with disability that require adjustments please contact email@example.com
If you aren't sure if you have the right experience, please reach out to discuss your background.
Applications close at midnight Monday 2nd August 2021
Life Without Barriers supports the Royal Commission into violence, abuse, neglect and exploitation of people with disability. We believe people with disability need to be heard and for these experiences to influence how support services like ours are delivered. View our statement here (https://bit.ly/2GzZGWA)
If you are Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander, we welcome your application and have supports for you should you require them. Our Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander State Lead is available for any questions you may have on William.Gray@lwb.org.au. Please note: This email address is purely for cultural support and not recruitment enquiries. Please submit any enquiries you have regarding your application to the relevant recruitment advisor.
Life Without Barriers supports calls for disability Royal Commission | Life Without Barriers (lwb.org.au)