Residential Support Worker - PPT - Vermont (Afternoon / Sleepover shifts)
Job no: 496697
Employment type: Part Time
Categories: Child, Youth & Family
About the Organisation
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose, not for profit organisation of 8,000 employees working in more than 500 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless and refugees and asylum seekers.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.
About the Role
We have exciting opportunities for passionate Residential Support Workers in the Vermont region. You will support and work 1:1 with our clients and encourage positive change in a Young Person’s life. The positions are based in a 24/7 Residential Setting with fortnightly rotating shift rosters.
You will have sound experience in working with young people with complex behaviours and psychosocial disabilities. You will be actively supporting their individual needs and creating a safe environment.
LWB will support your career and professional development with training opportunities in:
- Therapeutic Crisis Intervention (TCI)
- Children and Residential Experiences (CARE)
We currently have vacancies in Vermont for Permanent Part time.
The current shifts available are afternoon/sleepover shifts.
- Provide day to day care, supervision and transport to children and young people
- Actively participate in activities and increase competencies of young people
- Form and maintain professional, nurturing relationships
- Develop, implement and monitor individual plans
- Actively support the child/young person to develop and maintain social skills
- Maintenance of progress notes and report writing
Skills & Experience
- Certificate 4 in Community Services/Youth Work AND Diploma in Youth Work
- Previous experience working with Autism preferable
- A current Senior First Aid Certificate
- A current unrestricted Australian Driver Licence
- Ability to work various shifts (sleepover & active nights) throughout the week
- Prior knowledge and/or experience working with young people
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check and Working with Children Check (where relevant to the role) and NDIS Worker Screening Check.
- Work for one of Australia's largest social purpose organisations
- Life Without Barriers offers ongoing training, support and career advancement opportunities
- Flexible working hours
How to apply
Click ‘Apply’ and follow the prompts. For any enquiries including persons with disability that require adjustments, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close at midnight Friday June 21st.
Life Without Barriers supports the Royal Commission into violence, abuse, neglect and exploitation of people with disability. We believe people with disability need to be heard and for these experiences to influence how support services like ours are delivered. View our statement here (https://bit.ly/2GzZGWA)
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend