Youth Disability Support Worker (Male). Casual - Eastern Suburbs & Hills
Job no: 496695
Employment type: Casual
About the Organisation
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose, not for profit organisation of 8,000 employees working in more than 500 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless and refugees and asylum seekers.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.
About the role
This is a rewarding opportunity to support a young people with intellectual disabilities. As a Disability Support Worker you will provide community access after school hours and weekends to activities in line with their support plan.
*The Employer considers that being male is a genuine occupational qualification for this position under Section 27 (2), (c), (e) and (g) of the Equal Opportunity Act 1984.
- Support clients to work towards achieving their individual aims
- Provide quality direct support in line with individual support needs, the program they are accessing and all support plans relevant to the care they are receiving
- Establish rapport and collaborate effectively with service users, carers and their families to achieve positive outcomes for service users
- Monitor the changing needs of service users and work collaboratively with the care team to contribute to the adaptation of LWB services as required to meet these needs
- Maintenance of progress notes and record-keeping
Skills & Experience
- Experience working with Youth considered highly advantageous
- Experience working with children in foster care (beneficial)
- Competent computer skills to complete online training
- A current Senior First Aid Certificate (Provide First Aid and CPR)
- A current unrestricted Driver Licence and access to a reliable vehicle
- Working with Children Card
- NDIS Worker Orientation Module Certificate
- NDIS Screening Check
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check and Working with Children Check (where relevant to the role).
- Opportunity to work for one of Australia’s largest social purpose organisations
- Career Development opportunities
- Tax Benefits through salary packaging
How to Apply
Include your resume and covering letter in one document, click ‘Apply’ and follow the prompts. For any enquiries including persons with disability that require adjustments, contact email@example.com
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend