Child & Family Practitioner - Foster Care
Job no: 496690
Employment type: Full Time
Categories: Child, Youth & Family
About the Organisation
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose, not for profit organisation of 8,000 employees working in more than 500 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless and refugees and asylum seekers.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.
About the role
Our team is going through a substantial period of growth and we have an opportunity for a skilled professional to step into the Child & Family Practitioner role in the CYF Team until June 2022 with the possibility of extension. Regular travel will be required.
You will be instrumental in supporting foster carers to provide a safe and nurturing environment that promotes the physical and emotional safety of children and young people, as well as planning, coordinating and delivering training for our dedicated carers.
You will have the ability to build relationships, engage with people from diverse backgrounds and work in partnership to ensure that the needs of children in care are met in a CARE informed way.
This role requires high level written and verbal communication skills, conflict management and negotiation skills, and a solid understanding of the Children and Young People (Safety) Act 2017 and relevant legislation and requirements in South Australia.
- Undertake child focused casework practice in partnership with the relevant government agency, children and their families, carers and other stakeholders. This includes undertaking a range of activities:
- Assessment of the child’s needs, their support network including carer families
- Case planning
- Implementation, monitoring and review
Skills & Experience
- Demonstrated experience working with individuals, families and communities from a strength-based, culturally appropriate perspective that are part of the out of home care sector
- Demonstrated experience in identifying an individual’s strengths and areas for improvement within the context of providing foster and/or host care with an emphasis on permanency for children in care.
- Demonstrated understanding of impact of trauma and attachment on children and young people and complex behaviours.
- Demonstrated ability to develop quality case plans that are consistent with appropriate policy and procedures.
- Recognised Social Work qualifications with eligibility for membership of the AASW and/or a Bachelor of Psychology or other relevant qualification.
- Current Drivers Licence
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check and Working with Children Check (where relevant to the role).
- Competitive base salary + Tool of Trade Vehicle + super
- Excellent salary sacrificing tax benefits incl. Meal Entertainment, novated leasing
- A mobile phone, laptop, rostered day off per month
- Employee Assistance Program
- Discounted - health insurance, vehicle purchase, hire and servicing and more
How to Apply
Include your resume and covering letter in one document, click ‘Apply’ and follow the prompts. For any enquiries including persons with disability that require adjustments, contact email@example.com
Applications close at midnight on Sunday, 20th June
interviews scheduled for 23rd of June
Advertised: Cen. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: Cen. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend