Disability Support Worker. Casual/Part Time- Bunbury
Job no: 496664
Employment type: Casual, Part Time
Location: Bunbury & South West
About the Organisation
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose, not for profit organisation of 8000 employees working in more than 500 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless and refugees and asylum seekers.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.
About the role
In this client focused role, you will join a welcoming team to support clients who may have complex medical needs and behaviours within their own homes or shared accommodation.
Some clients require 24/7 support so it is important that you are available to work a variety of shifts including nights and weekends.
- Follow individual support plans, behaviour support plans and health care plans
- Participate in community activities within a Supported Independent Living environment
- Maintain and monitor a client’s person-centred support plan
- Identify and support a range of learning opportunities for our clients
- Track and document an individual’s progress through thorough note keeping
Skills & Experience
- A commitment to supporting and promoting the individual needs, skills, abilities and personal goals of people with disabilities
- Computer literacy and administration skills
- Ability to maintain clients’ privacy and confidentiality
- Willing to travel to support clients
- Current driver’s license and reliable vehicle
- Current Provide First-Aid certificate
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check and NDIS Worker Screening Check.
- Opportunity to work for one of Australia’s largest social purpose organisations
- Career Development opportunities
- Salary Sacrifice Tax Benefits
How to Apply
Include your resume and covering letter in one document, click ‘Apply’ and follow the prompts. For any enquiries including persons with disability that require adjustments, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close Sunday 27th June
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend