Team Leader - Disability Services - Kalgoorlie
Job no: 496653
Employment type: Full Time
- Join a large social purpose Organisation
- Tool of trade vehicle, laptop, monthly RDO
- Located in Kalgoorlie
About the Organisation
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose, not for profit organisation of 7,000 employees working in more than 440 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless and refugees and asylum seekers.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.
About the role
We have an exciting opportunity for a Disability Team Leader to join our service in Kalgoorlie in a permanent full time role. In this role you will be responsible for managing a passionate team of Disability Support Workers in Kalgoorlie, whilst ensuring that the individual needs of clients are met. You will use your organisational and leadership skills to guide your team in providing high standards of supports and services to our disability clients so they can reach their goals.
In addition to managing staff, a large proportion of the role will be administrative including updating client information in our database, tracking incidents and claiming for services.
Laptop, mobile phone and car provided. Some travel to Perth for training and travel out of remote communities to see clients will be required.
It is a requirement for this role to be part of the Disability Management On-Call rotating roster.
- Coordinate and manage the daily operations of support services, including the provision of formal supervision and management of a team of Disability Support Workers.
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with stakeholders including clients, families and guardians.
- Coordinate rosters alongside our Roster Officers to support clients requirements according to individual support needs, service funding and relevant legislation.
- Ensure the team complies with Disability Services Act Standards, other relevant legislation and Life Without Barriers policies.
- Manage conflict, provide coaching and developing opportunities and address performance issues within your team.
- Administrative responsibilities include but are not limited to; Claiming for services, develop and maintain client plans, database management
- Managing critical incidence as they arise including debriefing and engaging with internal support functions
- Where required provide direct assistance and support to people with disability.
Skills & Experience
- Diploma in relevant Social & Community Services qualification (minimum education requirement)
- Experience managing/supervising staff in the Disability Sector or related field
- A sound understanding of the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS)
- Strong coordination, leadership and peer support skills.
- Demonstrated experience supporting clients with complex needs and behaviours of concern.
- Strong written and computer skills for the creation of plans, programs, reports, correspondence and other documents.
- High level communication, influencing, liaison and negotiation skills.
- Current Driver’s License.
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check and Working with Children Check.
- Laptop, Mobile, Car
- Monthly RDOs
- Attractive Remuneration Package with salary packaging benefits
- Career development on ongoing training opportunities
How to Apply
In one document, please include your resume and covering letter detailing how your experience and skills will be a good fit for this role. Click ‘Apply’ and follow the prompts. For any enquiries including persons with disability that require adjustments, contact email@example.com
Applications close Thursday 17th of June.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend