Case Worker (Part Time) - Child, Youth & Family Services - Kalgoorlie
Job no: 496648
Employment type: Part Time
Location: Kalgoorlie, Goldfields & Esperance
Categories: Child, Youth & Family
- Join a leading social purpose organisation
- Part time (4 days per week) 12 month contract
- Competitive salary package + laptop
- Based in Kalgoorlie
About the Organisation
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose, not for profit organisation of 7,000 employees working in more than 440 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless and refugees and asylum seekers.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants.
We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.
About the role
This is a challenging and rewarding opportunity for you to make a positive change in the lives of children and young people in Out of Home Care in Kalgoorlie. You will be responsible for the development and implementation of Case or Individual Plans for children and young people in our care whilst also providing support to our foster carers in the way of ongoing mentoring and supervision using the Life without Barriers CARE model.
Your role will be instrumental in supporting carers to provide a safe and nurturing environment that promotes the physical and emotional safety of children and young people.
This role is offered as part time 4 days a week (full days required) max term 12 month contract.
- Undertake child focused casework practice in partnership with the relevant government agency, children and their families, carers and other stakeholders
- Develop and maintain functional and supportive relationships with children/young people and their families in order to promote positive outcomes
- Provide ongoing support and supervision to carers by applying the CARE model
- Support and monitor placements ensuring carers and child/young person participates in case planning process
- Manage staff working for our Child, Youth & Family Service in Kalgoorlie
- Create opportunities for children to engage in community activities
*Must participate in on call roster as required
Skills & Experience
- Degree in Social Work, Social Science, Psychology or Human Services
- Experience within casework practice for children and young people
- Experience working with children and young people in out of home care and Foster carers
- Experience developing quality case plans or individual plans
- Demonstrated experience working autonomously with multiple clients simultaneously
- Experience working with individuals, families or groups from a culturally appropriate perspective
- High level communication, influencing, liaison, negotiation and mediation skills
- Current unrestricted driver licence
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check, Department of Communities Check and Working with Children Check.
- Ongoing training and development
- Salary sacrifice options
- Laptop and mobile phone
- Make a difference in the lives of children and young people
How to Apply
Include your resume and covering letter in one document, click ‘Apply’ and follow the prompts. For any enquiries including persons with disability that require adjustments, contact recruitment email@example.com
Applications close Sunday 20th of June.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend