Disability Support Worker (Male). Part Time Max Term - Mandurah
Job no: 496618
Employment type: Part Time
Location: Mandurah & Peel
Categories: Disability, Child, Youth & Family
About the Organisation
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose, not for profit organisation of 8,000 employees working in more than 500 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless and refugees and asylum seekers.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.
About the role
This is a rewarding opportunity to support a young male client living with Foster Carers in the Mandurah area. The successful applicant will support this young person with community access after school hours, taking him to skate parks, football and other activities in line with his support plan.
The contract will initially be for 6 hours per week for 6 months (with opportunities to pick up increased hours supporting clients throughout the Mandurah, Peel and adjoining suburbs)
*The Employer considers that being male is a genuine occupational qualification for this position under Section 27 (2), (c), (e) and (g) of the Equal Opportunity Act 1984.
- Support clients to work towards achieving their individual aims
- Provide quality direct support in line with individual support needs, the program they are accessing and all support plans relevant to the care they are receiving
- Establish rapport and collaborate effectively with service users, carers and their families to achieve positive outcomes for service users
- Monitor the changing needs of service users and work collaboratively with the care team to contribute to the adaptation of LWB services as required to meet these needs
- Maintenance of progress notes and record-keeping
Skills & Experience
- Experience working with Youth considered highly advantageous
- Experience working with children in foster care (beneficial) “Personal qualities of patience, reliability, and initiative along with ability to fulfill the role of a ‘responsible adult’ whilst out in the community.
- Competent computer skills to complete online training
- A current Senior First Aid Certificate (Provide First Aid and CPR)
- A current unrestricted Driver Licence and access to a reliable vehicle
- Working with Children Card
- NDIS Worker Orientation Module Certificate
- NDIS Screening Check
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check and Working with Children Check (where relevant to the role).
- Opportunity to work for one of Australia’s largest social purpose organisations
- Career Development
- Salary Sacrifice Tax Benefits
How to Apply
Include your resume and covering letter in one document, click ‘Apply’ and follow the prompts. For any enquiries including persons with disability that require adjustments, contact email@example.com
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend