Disability Support Worker (Female) - Hocking location
Job no: 496610
Employment type: Casual
About the Organisation
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose, not for profit organisation of 7,500+ employees working in more than 440 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless and refugees and asylum seekers.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.
About the role
This is a rewarding opportunity for you to make a positive impact in the lives of people with a disability.
As a Disability Support Worker, you will play an important role in supporting and empowering people with disabilities to live in and access the community independently and to achieve their individual goals. You will also offer Life Transition Planning support, to develop skills that build independence. Actively supporting the clients individual needs and creating a safe environment. Suitable candidates must be able to follow policy and procedure and have good communication and admin skills to report effectively as required.
We are looking for a Female Disability Support Worker to join our Community Access team, working with a young female adult client, in the Hocking area.
The client requires support for 12 hours a week, ideally Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday (4 hours each day). However there is some flexibility in days/hours.
*The Employer considers that being female is a genuine occupational qualification for this position under Section 27 (2), (c), (e) and (g) of the Equal Opportunity Act 1984.
- Offer Life Transition Planning support
- Support in day to day living and getting out into the community
- Liaise and collaborate with clients, their community and community support agencies
- Monitor and review client’s progress through the service and against the case plan
- Utilise positive behaviour strategies and work to behaviour support plan
- Maintenance of progress notes and record keeping
Skills & Experience
- Previous experience working with young people with disabilities
- Life Skills and Life Transition Planning experience
- A commitment to supporting and promoting the individual needs, skills, abilities and personal goals of people with disabilities
- Computer literacy and administration skills
- Ability to maintain clients’ privacy and confidentiality
- Willing to travel to support clients
- Current driver’s license and reliable vehicle
- Current Provide First-Aid certificate, or willing to obtain
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check and NDIS Worker Screening Check.
- Opportunity to work for one of Australia’s largest social purpose organisations
- Career Development opportunities
- Salary Sacrifice Tax Benefits
How to Apply
Include your resume and covering letter in one document, click ‘Apply’ and follow the prompts. For any enquiries including persons with disability that require adjustments, contact email@example.com
Applications close Thursday 17th June 2021.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend