Support Worker, Community Care. PPT - Townsville (Be Connected Program)
Job no: 496554
Employment type: Part Time
Location: Townsville & Northern QLD
Categories: Aged Care
About the Organisation
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose, not for profit organisation of 8,000 employees working in more than 500 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless and refugees and asylum seekers.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.
About the role
Due to significant growth in our Community Care offering, we currently have a part-time position available, working 1 -2 days a week in our Be Connected Program.
The Be Connected Program is based on the principle that improving an older person’s connectedness and social networks, reduces their social isolation. The Program will focus on individuals or groups of older people who are particularly vulnerable to social isolation.
The Support Worker will find opportunities for older people to participate in programs/events/activities designed to develop their skills and support them in reaching their full potential.
- Enable and provide opportunities for clients to become more socially connected into their communities
- Support clients to become more aware of healthy lifestyle options in order to live a meaningful and purposeful life
- Enable individuals to access integrated support they require to strengthen personal and community connectedness and reduce social isolation
- Provide positive experiences for older people that promote active and positive ageing
- Promote empowerment approaches such as strengths-based approaches
- Enable clients to positively connect with their families, friends and social networks
- Administer basic first aid as required
- Manual handling in line with LWB Policies and Procedures as required
Skills & Experience
- Certificate III (or higher) in Individual Support, Aged Care, Home and Community Care or Disability (essential)
- A current driver’s licence and reliable vehicle (essential)
- A current First Aid Certificate, or willingness to obtain before commencement (essential)
- A commitment to supporting and promoting the individual needs of clients
- The ability to develop positive relationships with the clients and to support their individual care plans as appropriate
- Good communication skills, including the ability to develop and maintain good working relationships with internal and external stakeholders (including carers, families and advocates)
- Ability to work within and demonstrate the Life Without Barriers values in all interactions and tasks
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check and Working with Children Check (where relevant to the role).
- Opportunity to work for one of Australia’s largest social purpose organisations
- Excellent career development opportunities
How to Apply
Include your resume and covering letter in one document, click ‘Apply’ and follow the prompts. For any enquiries including persons with disability that require adjustments, contact firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading “Be Connected - Townsville”.
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as applications may be reviewed prior to the closing date; and as such the closing date is subject to change without notice. Current application closing date is midnight 8th July.
Include your resume and covering letter in one document, click ‘Apply’ and follow the prompts. For any enquiries including persons with disability that require adjustments, contact email@example.com..
We are dedicated to playing our part to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and bring continuity of care and support to our clients. With this in mind, if you are successful, we will discuss with you an alternative to a face to face interview.
Life Without Barriers supports the Royal Commission into violence, abuse, neglect and exploitation of people with disability. We believe people with disability need to be heard and for these experiences to influence how support services like ours are delivered. View our statement here (https://bit.ly/2GzZGWA)
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend