Disability Support Worker. Casual – South East Sydney
Job no: 496447
Employment type: Casual, Part Time
Categories: Disability, Aged Care, Mental Health
About the Organisation
Empowering people with disability to live life the way they choose is at the heart of how Life Without Barriers has operated for over 25 years. This is an exciting opportunity to join our team and continue this mission. Support people with disability to have the choice, control, and independence to live their best life. If you’re passionate about inclusivity, respect, and making a meaningful difference, this is the career move for you.
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose, not for profit organisation of 8,000 employees working in more than 500 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people, and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless, refugees and asylum seekers.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.
About the Role
We are looking for people with prior support worker experience to join our Supported Independent Living and Respite sites across South East Sydney. If you have experience in one or more of the following, we’d love to hear from you! Areas of expertise include complex behaviour management, mobility and manual handling assistance, personal care, domestic assistance and medication administration.
Please note. Due to the nature of this work, we ask that applicants are available for a variety of shift work across a 24/7 roster. This is to ensure we meet the needs of our clients and that we offer them the best support possible.
- A base hourly rate starting from $36.40 + super and SCHADS Award penalty rates
- We are an organisation that champions diversity, inclusivity, and equality
- An opportunity to work for one of Australia's largest social purpose organisations
- Non-profit salary packaging benefits with Maxxia and other employee discounts
- On-going training opportunities in a supportive and collaborative team environment
- Follow person-centred support plans and behaviour support plans respectfully
- Participate in community activities and encourage clients to perform daily living tasks
- Track and document an individual’s progress through thorough record-keeping
- Build and maintain positive relationships with our clients and their families
Skills & Experience
- An unrestricted New South Wales driver’s licence
- Commitment to a 24/7 roster, including active night shifts & weekends
- Demonstrated ability to use basic technology and software on a mobile and desktop
- A current First Aid Certificate, which includes the course HLTAID003 or HLTAID011
Successful candidates will be required to clear all state-based probity checks; including but not limited to a National Criminal History Record Check and NDIS Worker Screening Check.
How to Apply
Include your resume and covering letter in one document, click ‘Apply’ and follow the prompts. For any enquiries including persons with disability that require adjustments, contact Zali Kakko at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are dedicated to playing our part to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and bring continuity of care and support to our clients. With this in mind, if you are successful, we will discuss with you an alternative to a face to face interview.
Applications close at midnight on Sunday the 8th of August 2021 (AEST).
Life Without Barriers supports the Royal Commission into violence, abuse, neglect, and exploitation of people with disability. We believe people with disability need to be heard and for these experiences to influence how support services like ours are delivered. View our statement here (https://bit.ly/2GzZGWA)
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend