Senior Policy Lead. Permanent Full Time - Location Flexible
Job no: 496443
Employment type: Full Time
Location: ACT, Newcastle, Maitland & Hunter, Sydney, Brisbane, Adelaide, Melbourne, Perth
Categories: Strategy & Engagement
About the Organisation
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose, not for profit organisation of over 8,000 employees working in more than 500 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless and refugees and asylum seekers.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.
About the role
Newly created position to provide analysis and recommendations as to how current and proposed social policy will affect our clients and their goals to live their life the way they want. It will also establish key relationships both internally and externally in respect of reforms, high level research and other support across all key program areas in Life Without Barriers (LWB). This is a permanent full time position that can be located from any of our offices with flexibility to work remotely.
- Support the organisation’s commitment to ensuring that social policy is a core pillar of the organisation
- Support the effective management and achievement of business outcomes in LWB’s social policy agenda, organisation wide
- Support internal groups around Social Policy including data gathering, and reporting
- Support the Manager to develop and drive a coordinated, proactive and policy enterprise-wide strategy to position LWB as a trusted adviser and influencer within Australia and globally
- Contribute to the development of LWB’s position on specific areas of social policy and strategies which will enhance our capacity and performance to deliver efficient and effective services to the community
- Maintain up to date knowledge of the latest developments within the sector, with particular attention to public policy and government changes
- Analyse current priorities and assess future fit to recommend changes to current alignment to LWB Social Policy; implement as appropriate and develop continuous improvement cycle once established
- Stay abreast of industry events and relationships to support delivery of LWB outcomes including provide advice and information to sector colleagues where appropriate
Skills & Experience
- Tertiary qualifications in social policy or similar
- Demonstrated experience in social or public policy and applying this to a service delivery organisation
- Demonstrated experience in research, analysis of data and provision of information
- Demonstrated experience in project management
- Ability to apply theoretical service models to workable solutions in applied settings
- The ability to work collaboratively with a range of senior stakeholders including peers, employees, external organisations, funding bodies and government agencies
- Demonstrated problem solving skills, and ability to think laterally and strategically
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check.
- Join a national Strategy & Engagement team with a diverse skillset
- Newly created position with the opportunity to make a huge impact
- Opportunity to work for one of Australia’s largest social purpose organisations
- Tax Benefits through salary packaging
How to Apply
Include your resume and covering letter in one document, click ‘Apply’ and follow the prompts. For any enquiries including persons with disability that require adjustments, contact Mikaella Latimore at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are dedicated to playing our part to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and bring continuity of care and support to our clients. With this in mind, if you are successful, we will discuss with you an alternative to a face to face interview.
Applications close at midnight 16 May 2021.
Life Without Barriers supports the Royal Commission into violence, abuse, neglect and exploitation of people with disability. We believe people with disability need to be heard and for these experiences to influence how support services like ours are delivered. View our statement here https://bit.ly/2GzZGWA
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend